The quest for the fountain of youth is a path followed by millions of people - each with his or her own reason. My personal quest to create an ageless body is not because of the fear of aging itself, but because of the ills and negative connotations associated with it.
In saying this, it is only logical to conclude that ageless living is a state of mind, yet there are certain products, natural and artificial which could assist with this. But most importantly, you yourself must be attuned into creating the ageless body - you could use each and every anti-aging device, pill, potion and cream on the market, without ever getting there.
The most important state of mind to cultivate is being positive and receptive to new ideas. A lot of people, and at times myself included, can be thrown totally off kilter when small things happen to upset our equilibrium. It is important to keep in mind that no matter what we believe in, we will be tested on a daily basis, and in knowing that, you are forewarned and small upsets should be seen in the broader context of living.
To spoil your entire day, simply because you broke a nail, or overslept and had to miss your leisurely cup of coffee or juice, is most counterproductive, as your day is made up like stacked dominoes.
If you let one single item upset you more than what it really is worth, you will by that action also upset the rest of the "dominoes" of your day. We all have very little time, especially in the morning, to still spend time on conditioning our mind, yet, it might be the best couple of minutes you could invest for a great day.
After you are fully awake, and before you have to start rushing around to get yourself / your family ready for the day ahead - take some time and quietly sit by yourself, or lie down and do some relaxation exercises.
You do not need to sit or lie down in any strange position - simply sit upright with your back straight, or lie down with your arms at your sides and your back straight. Make sure that the area is quiet and you are not interrupted - even if it means that you have to get up half an hour earlier.
Close your eyes and start concentrating on your entire body, feel the earth's gravity drain the tension from each muscle, tendon and joint. Feel your entire body going limp and relaxed.
Then visualize your entire body being bathed in a bright white light, so bright that the light penetrates your entire body, making it translucent, filling each cell with energy and regenerating your entire body.
Feel how the bright light is energizing your entire body and mind - feel the freshness and life-forces pulsating through it. This is also the right time to visualize your body in a slimmer form if you are trying to lose weight, or visualize your face with less lines and being firm if you are working towards a younger looking appearance.
While visualizing the slimmer or younger looking you, make it as real as possible in your mind - do not simply imagine that you are seeing it, visualize it so intensely that you can really see it.
While in this state of relaxation, or when you are getting there, you might find that nagging problems and things that need to be done, come to mind.
Do not dwell on those matters - simply let it fade from your mind and concentrate on visualizing your body limp and translucent. You should stay in this state for some time (10 - 20 minutes) - and when you are ready to face the day, simply see your body as fully energized and ready to meet the demands of the day.
I know some people might think that the above is totally alternative, new age or downright stupid, and I agree with a good dose of
scepticism, but do yourself a favour and try it for at least a week and see how you feel.
I come from a very conservative family and are surrounded by friends and family that also come from similar conservative backgrounds, yet nearly all that have tried this technique have reported getting through the day with greater ease, with less things upsetting them during the course of the day.
To get into the right frame of mind for the day is a great way to start, yet that should not be the end of our daily mental diet. We so often forget to be grateful for what we have, because we so often think that we are lacking in so many things.
Another great way to make your life easier, is not to empower other people into upsetting you. This might sound very easy, and it really is - all that it takes is some practice. Next time when driving on the freeway and somebody cuts in front of you - instead of getting upset, swearing and wishing to get even, first stop and think.
Have you never cut in front of anybody - even if it was unintentionally? Rather let it slide, and make sure you are vigilant enough to watch out for those less fortunate souls that cannot drive well - with this state of mind you will become less upset in traffic and it might even prevent you from becoming involved in a collision.
This is the state of mind I am talking about when I say that you should not empower other people to impact on your mood.
The rude waiter might have a sick child and the fellow commuter pushing on the subway might have been warned for the last time about getting to work late - instead of letting this upset you, realize that their
behaviour and bad manners cannot touch you, unless you allow it.
I do not say that people should push you around nor walk all over you - all I am saying is keep the control of your mind and emotions to yourself - do not empower other people or situations to dictate your emotions - because if you react, you lose control of your emotions and are at the whim of other people or are situation driven.
We trust that all our subscribers enjoyed this newsletter, and although it is a major departure from our normal herbal bits and pieces, we thought you might enjoy it at this time of the year.
In January we will be back to our normal format - but in the interim we wish all our clients a great holiday season and to those going on vacation - enjoy it and come back well rested, and if you have some time, please visit us at www.ageless.co.za.
Kind regards - and keep being ageless, all at www.Ageless.co.za
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.