2001 Ageless herbal newsletter
Many people admire the smooth complexion of others and think that they are just blessed with good genes, and although a good genetic history will help in having a good complexion, it does however take some effort and work from our side as well.
Next time you come back home late, think twice about just falling into bed without first cleansing and moisturizing your face - and this goes for both women and men.
The days of rugged unkempt ruggedness as a mark of manliness is long gone, and society does expect all members to look presentable.
We all have our own brand of skincare that we prefer, but we thought that you might be interested in learning a very simple and cheap face pack to perk up your face. It is messy and does not look terribly elegant, but is does give your skin a boost, leaving it soft, and looking years younger.
Take 3 dessertspoons of raw oats and crush finely in a pestle and mortar, or between spoons. After the oats are reduced to fine pieces and dust, mix in honey to form a consistency of a smooth paste.
Wash your face well and apply this mixture in soft circular movements. The soft scrubbing effect of the oats will help remove dead and dull cells, and will help to bring forth the healthy skin underneath. But be gentle - do not over scrub.
Leave this mixture on for at least 20 minutes, while relaxing on your bed. To prevent any of the mixture messing on to your bedding, place a towel under your head. After the time has lapsed rinse it off well with lots of tepid water. After drying your skin gently, apply your favorite moisturizer.
Should you be allergic to bees or bee products, please check for allergic reactions before applying this face pack.
Although this face pack is messy to apply, it is a very cheap way of helping your skin look younger and healthier.
Although slimming supplements facilitate weight loss, a well balanced diet is
still important, and here we can look at the Éclat diet, which promotes the fact
that protein and carbohydrates should not be taken together.
Another factor that very seldom receives any attention, because it is classed as "alternative" or hocus-pocus, is visualizing and concentration/meditation. The mind is an extremely powerful ally to use in your fight for the ideal weight, and even if you do not believe that it will help, it will at least relax your body and mind.
Find a quiet place where you will not be interrupted. Lie flat on your back on the floor with your arms next to you and your legs uncrossed. Close your eyes and imagine that you are seeing your body.
Start relaxing your entire body from your feet upward - feel how the tension moves out of your toes, bridges of your feet, your calves, upper legs, buns, abdomen, chest, upper and lower arms, neck, face and scalp.
It might take some time to get your whole body relaxed, and some people fall into a very light sleep in the beginning. As you practice this more, you will be able to relax totally without falling asleep.
While doing the exercise make sure that you breathe deeply and evenly - fill your entire lungs - not just the top part of the lungs, as we are so inclined to sometimes do.
Next, see your entire body bathed in a bright white light, which is warming your body and calming it. Stay like this for a couple of minutes and enjoy the relaxed weightless feeling.
Now start to visualize your body the way in which you would like to see it - more erect, slimmer, healthier and more vibrant. Imagine every detail - from your well groomed fingers to your well kept hair and your slimmer healthier body.
Keep these images for some time, and store them away for you to refer to in everyday life. The saying of "where the mind goes the body will follow" is very true, and this exercise will help you train your mind to visualize yourself the way you would like to be.
While doing this exercise, do not feel a sense of urgency to achieve the desired look - your body will follow your mind at the right time. Do however feel that you are worth it to look good and that you are worthy to achieve your desired body.
After you have let the image fade from your mind, start consciously feeling your body as it is lying on the floor, and feel the energy washing over you from your feet to your scalp - in the same way that you did when you relaxed.
When your body feels totally energized, you can get up. Get up slowly and enjoy the relaxed way you are now feeling.
Many people have benefited from visualizing and concentration - give it a try and see what you can achieve. You should do these exercises at least once a day.
Many people look for products containing Selenium, but are not fully aware why there is so much talk about this trace element.
One of the main activities of this mineral is its anti-aging properties and its ability to help rid the body of free radicals, as well as toxic minerals such as mercury, lead and cadmium.
It is helpful in fighting infections since it stimulates increased antibody response to infections, promotes more energy in the body, helps alleviate menopausal symptoms in women and assists the male in producing healthy sperm.
In certain cases Selenium has also proven effective in helping to fight cold sores and shingles, which are both caused by the herpes virus. Some researchers have shown that in selenium-deficient animals that a harmless virus can mutate into a virulent form capable of causing damage and death. This has also been followed up with other studies, which seem to indicate that Selenium helps to keep the spread and multiplying of viruses in check.
Selenium is also used against arthritis and multiple sclerosis and if provided in adequate amounts it is thought to help prevent cancer as well. Tissue elasticity and pancreatic function is also dependant on this mineral. In a study it was shown that Selenium could be useful in treating certain cancers, and is also helpful in making the blood less "sticky", which is helpful in preventing heart attacks and strokes.
When taking Selenium, it is also useful to take other antioxidants as well, such as Vitamins C and E and grape seed extract. Green tea could also be used to compliment this nutrient.
In the therapeutic use of this nutrient, the dosage is usually increased considerably, but the toxicity level must be kept in mind. The RDA of Selenium is 70 micrograms, while therapeutic doses of 200 mcg are often taken. However, do NOT exceed 900 mcg per day, as you are then on toxicity level. Symptoms of toxicity can include nausea, vomiting, hair loss, depression, nail loss, numbness in hands and feet and a possible garlic-like body odor.
Ingredients: ½ cup long-grained rice, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, squeeze of lemon, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons chopped chives, 1 tablespoon chopped dill, 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon.
Cook rice in salted boiling water until tender and drain. While still hot, stir in sea salt and freshly ground pepper, olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
When the rice has cooled mix in the chopped herbs and serve cold with fish, meat or any vegetarian meal.
We wish all our readers and clients a good month ahead, and let's remember what Thomas Edison said "I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward" - hopefully we will be able to discard all the "wrong attempts" in our lives to live a better and fuller life.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.