June 2001 Ageless herbal newsletter
The Hippocratic oath, the one all doctors are supposed to take when starting to practice, stipulates that the first and golden rule is to "do no harm".
Although this might seem to be a bit obvious, since doctors are supposed to be healers in the first place, there comes a time when you start to doubt the sincerity of certain medical practitioners.
When saying this, let us immediately state that we have the highest regard for truly professional doctors, and also see a normal allopathic doctor when need be, but this is not what this month's newsletter is about.
Also please note that we are in no way advocating that anybody should stop taking their
normal medicine, or that people should no longer see their normal western doctors - nor are we indicating that
alternative medicine should replace the more conventional ways of healing - all we are saying is that people should keep an open mind - that there is place for both these treatments to live in harmony.
The controversy regarding western medical practitioners (known as
allopathic medical practitioners
- that is your normal general practitioner or
GP) and alternative healers is heating up, since more and more people are turning to more
natural ways of healing for many reasons, and with allopathic medicine on the whole not wishing to acknowledge the benefits it may have.
People in the past only turned to alternative therapies when suffering from terminal
illnesses, and where no hope was held for any recovery and normal conventional therapies failed.
This trend also seems to be changing with more and more people looking at alternative therapies at the start of an illness or problem, and also looking with greater interest at alternative ways to promote vital health in general.
There might be a couple of reasons for this:
- Firstly, some people have wonderful results with alternative medicine, and although some uninformed allopathic practitioners may scoff at this, the proof of the treatment still lies in the way a person reacts to it.
- Secondly, there is a cost implication, and with the exorbitant cost of certain allopathic treatments, alternative medicines are more financially accessible to many people. But this is not always the case, since there are also alternative practitioners that are solely practicing their craft (for lack of a better word) just for the sake of money.
- Thirdly, there seems to be far more humanity involved in alternative
medicine, since most of the alternative practitioners take a personal interest in their patients, whereas allopathic practitioners try to keep their patients at a distance.
This could refer to a variety of treatments, from the ancient Chinese herbal and acupuncture wisdom to the equally ancient
Indian Ayurvedic way of dealing with illness and disease, to
aromatherapy, herbal compounds, light therapy, crystal therapy, and all other alternative healing methods.
Although some of these therapies might be too way out or too New Age for some people, it is interesting to note that some of the ancient medical wisdom has been around for thousands of years - long before we in the west even had an inkling of what medicine was all about.
That is why we find some allopathic western medical people so utterly conceited when they in all their infinite wisdom declare that there is no worth in some of the ancient remedies!
A medical treatment system scarcely a couple of hundred years old, are calling some of the most ancient ways of dealing with problems worthless - who is the ridiculous party?
It was wonderful to see in India, on my recent visit to that hugely interesting country, how the population accepts both forms of medicine - the ancient Ayurvedic system and the more contemporary western style of medicine.
We have found that truly professional and thorough allopathic medical people are never intimidated by other
alternative remedies, and are willing to help their patients try them if they are safe enough to use. My personal allopathic doctor also practices
acupuncture on his patients when it is called for, and when it is indicated as a way to help the patient.
Safety of treatment is also a sore point - there are both medical companies and
herbal suppliers, which manufacture products that can be potentially dangerous when not used properly.
It must also be kept in mind that a wide variety of medical drugs that are in use today, can trace their roots back to
herbal origin, although the drug manufacturers would sometimes like us to forget that.
The refusal of some medical doctors to accept other therapies, although not totally alien to the medical world, such as
nutrition, is really astounding.
Years ago the world famous nutritional expert - Adelle Davis, found that the addition of niacin (vitamin B3) to the diet of troubled children yielded great results.
When our company donated niacin tablets to the children's ward at a state mental hospital, they were promptly returned with the explanation that the idea of helping with vitamin B3 was too alternative and that they would not even give it a try.
Even at a dosage that could do NO harm, and possibly have helped some children, the powers to be were not prepared to give it a try.
It is this pig-headedness of some medical people that we object to - yes we agree - there is a place for normal western medicine, but the flip side of the coin is that there is also a place for alternative medicine to promote health and to deal with problems.
In future newsletters we will dwell on various aspects of alternative medicine, and see how they work, and what beneficial effect they can have on your holistic health.
We will still, as usual, also cover nutrition, herbs, skin care - all the things to help "make living and aging a stunning experience."
This newsletter is not meant as a substitute for medical advice and cannot be used to diagnose or treat illnesses nor should it be seen to replace any medical advice - if you have a medical problem, please consult your health practitioner.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.