2001 Ageless herbal newsletter
It is amazing that all over the world, from Johannesburg to Rio de Janeiro, Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur and Nicosia to Mumbai, people are riveted to their television sets watching soap operas and Jerry Springer, to see how other people live and make these shows an integral part of their lives.
In our humble opinion people watch soap operas so as to feel part of the "smart set" and watch Jerry Springer to feel better about their own lives. Some people will not agree with our statement, but we do believe that there is merit in it.
In saying this, we have also found that most people do not see themselves as beautiful, handsome or exciting. For those, life is drudgery instead of it being a daily challenge to make the most of the day and to enjoy it to the utmost.
To be considered "beautiful" or "handsome" is a very basic urge of every single human being, and very few people can profess that beauty is not important to them. Beautiful people on the whole are perceived as more exciting,
successful, clever, ambitious etc. etc. than their "uglier" cousins.
It is amazing to see how people change when they decide that they are worthwhile and beautiful and when they need no outside validation from this world to give their life meaning.
When you follow Anthony Robbins's instruction on taking charge of your life, he makes you do an exercise where you need to walk around a room and have a make-believe cloak around your shoulders. This simple exercise is a great way to make people aware how subtle changes in your own mind's perception can change the way you handle yourself.
In the previous company in which I worked we had a very plain and rather mousy looking
woman, who suddenly bloomed overnight when she fell in love and found a man that loved her. She had a sudden change in confidence, radiance AND she started looking after her appearance.
Recently, in my own family, a member ran herself down totally, because she was trying to do everything for everybody else just to find validation for her own life by creating a "needed" feeling.
Although I do not expect everybody to believe in the Holy Bible, the one rule that states "love your neighbor like yourself" really translates that you need to love yourself, before you can love others. The love referred to here, is not a narcissistic love, but a true love, to be comfortable and secure with yourself.
Some people might say that it is easier for others to look at themselves and to think of themselves as beautiful, but that it is difficult to feel beautiful when you see all the imperfections
(warts-and-all) staring back at you in the mirror.
On a superficial level that is true, yet, if you build a strong, vivacious,
positive and resilient attitude to life, that is more likely to be remembered by people than that
less-than-perfect nose or cheekbones.
Although I referred to a "superficial level of beauty" in the previous paragraph, do not think that I consider outward and apparent beauty as unimportant - because it is important, and many a person's self confidence is never fully developed because of "beauty" defects.
Smaller defects can easily be hidden with proper
grooming, and although major defects may need surgery, it is also not so unattainable as most people think. If you really desire something with your heart and soul, and positively work towards it, you can achieve it.
So the problem with beauty is two-fold - the grooming plus the mental attitude.
Only when you achieve this loved feeling of yourself, can you really start feeling bold and beautiful, since you then can feel comfortable with who you are, what you have and your own life destiny.
Although some people lament the idea that we are brainwashed into thinking that being
thin is glamorous, it is however a fact of life that being
overweight is unhealthy and carries a selection of
Many people have a struggle to keep their weight down, while others have a problem with
over-dieting and then start having problems like anorexia nervosa or
We might not all look like catwalk models, nor should we, as very few people actually have the bone structure to be that thin.
There are many charts and ways to determine your ideal
weight, but subconsciously we know when we are overweight and when we are the
Going on fad diets does not work, since you put back the kilos when you stop the fad diet, and you also run the risk of malnutrition when going on severe fad diets.
A good weight-loss supplement can help you lose weight, if it is well formulated to supply balanced nutrients while also supplying lipotropic (fat burning) ingredients.
Some weight loss formulas contain only lipotropic ingredients, which will only assist in the short term, but do little to help achieve and maintain your ideal weight.
Taking formulas and appetite suppressants that contain
harmful ingredients may suppress your
appetite, but will leave you with some pretty scary side effects and can also damage your health in various ways.
After a major back operation to repair discs from an external injury I learned the value of a very simple exercise and in doing so it also trims down your stomach very effectively.
This principle has also been turned into a commercial device, which you strap around your stomach - but it really is so simple that you can do it without the gadget.
When walking or driving, walk or sit upright with your back straight (do NOT slouch).
Pull in your stomach muscles towards your back and keep there for a count of twenty, relax for ten seconds and repeat it four times.
This exercise can be done as often as you think about it (that is where the little gadget comes in handy) or you can make up your own rules - you could for instance do the exercise every time you see the color red - be that a red traffic light, fire hydrant, red sweater etc.
This might sound too easy to be effective, but try doing it regularly, and you will be amazed at the results.
In the beginning it might be difficult to pull your stomach in and you may feel that you are not achieving anything, but with perseverance you will eventually feel that the muscles are toning up and firming.
Another point often overlooked is the amount of water that you drink when losing weight.
A simple rule of 6 glasses may not work for everybody, so rather work it out the following way - take your weight (say 65 kilograms) divide by 8 and the result (in this case 8.125) is the amount of glasses of water you should drink per day. (To translate pounds to kilograms divide pounds by 2.2 to get to your weight in kilograms)
Above are some simple ideas on weight loss and dieting, but please remember - if you have a medical problem or concern, always discuss it with your licensed medical practitioner.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.