Have you ever looked at people begging - they need not ask you for money in order for you to know that they are on the prowl for your loose change.
Although people begging is far removed from "making ageing and living a stunning experience (TM)" it is very interesting to note that beggars use all the attributes to portray their destitute situation, and we unwittingly use the same persona not to live our lives to the full, to keep us unhappy, unfulfilled and not wanting to live life to the fullest.
Since we are very involved with slimming and "body beautiful" it is interesting to note that people that wish to try to make the most of their bodies and looks sometimes fall into the same trap used by beggars, although they are desperately trying to do exactly the opposite.
What I am referring to here is posture - although our parents always said that we should not
slouch, they never explained that a good body posture can have positive influences on your body and general health, as well as your
mental well-being, since bad posture influences all three of these areas.
But before we go any further with this discussion, I would like to make something very clear.
We at Sallamander Concepts (Pty) Ltd do not think that outside beauty is more important than who your are in essence. The reason for this statement is the fact that we received a couple of very acid and annoyed e-mails from readers stating that a person should not work towards improving your
physical beauty and appearance and that a person must be content with what was granted to them by their God and that a preoccupation with your looks is not in keeping with religious teachings.
Although we are not a religious site, we all have deep religious beliefs but also believe that God (whichever religion you believe in) gave us the knowledge to make and keep our
bodies in the best possible shape.
In the Bible we are also taught to look after our bodies as Temples - and although an unhealthy preoccupation with looks can be detrimental, we do believe we all have the right to make the most of what we were given and to correct flaws that can possibly be corrected.
But returning to people wishing to lose weight and to look better. Although dieting and supplements will help you
lose excess body mass, you need to look at your body posture as well, not just for looking thinner, but looking better in general.
It is also interesting to note that good body posture will make you look slimmer even if you are carrying a few extra kilos/pounds.
A good body posture radiates
self-confidence, health and mental well-being, and this in turn will impact on our daily lives and the way other people perceive us.
Just think of the person at the water cooler that is continuously bitching about everything in life - do they
walk tall and straight - we don't think so. Perpetual complainers usually have bad posture and continuously have their faces and eyes turned down - and very seldom look life straight in the face.
A straight erect body carriage will not only make you look better, it will help with a variety of other problems as well. Your internal organs, such as your stomach and colon will be able to work better since they are not restricted and confined by a ribcage bearing down on them.
Your lung capacity will be improved, as your lungs will be able to expand properly which will cause more oxygen transference to take place, which in turn will lead to more oxygenated blood and to feeling better and mentally sharper, while the body will be able to get rid of toxic gas wastes more effectively.
With a good posture, your mental attitude will also improve since an erect positive and strong posture is not a "residence" that a bad attitude and depression will dwell in.
It is also interesting to look at the phenomena of "where the mind can go, the body will follow" - the basic principle works like this - if you think yourself into a positive state, you will become positive, even if you still have problems surrounding you. This will happen because you have in a sense removed the power that the problems have over influencing your life.
I have the distinct pleasure and honor to know the talented and famous artist Annamarie Wessels, who has always been a very vivacious person, and then had a freak accident, leaving her paralyzed and totally wheelchair
bound, her husband also divorced her after the accident.
In all the years that I have known her, I have never heard her ever complain about her problems, and even if you see that she is in pain, she still will never complain - in that way she refuses to empower any problems to influence her life.
But returning to posture - if you are one of the people (most of us I think) that wish to lose a few kilos, try the following.
When walking or sitting, always have an upright posture, with your spine straight without over-curving your lower spine. Then decide on a color - for instance red.
Then every time that you see red in any form, be that a traffic light, a button, a shirt - anything that is red - pull in your stomach muscles from below your ribcage to below your stomach, towards your spine, and keep pulled in for a count of 20.
Do this every time you see the color red - not only will it tone your stomach muscles, it will help you get a flat stomach and also help with your back support.
Technique, which busies itself with posture, also proves that even your voice will be far more commanding (and therefore more positive) when you practice better posture.
Bad posture creates muscle tension, which will not only lead to sore muscles, but is also indicated in draining vital energy from your body.
So next time when you enjoy slouching in a chair, or walking with bent shoulders and stomach hanging down, head facing down and dragging your legs, think of what we have said here today, and then decide to improve your posture - the results can be truly magical and it could be the first step in "making ageing and living a stunning experience TM" in your life.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.