My Grandmother used to say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and with this statement I must agree, and maybe add that the road to bad health is also paved with the same good intentions and unfulfilled resolutions.
At this time of year we may all have had wonderful ideas and made new year resolutions of what we wish to achieve, yet only to feel that we have already failed ourselves after a month into the new year.
When we make a list of things that we would like to do, we need to be pragmatic about it, and also know from the start that it will take some kind of commitment and energy from ourselves to achieve them.
We receive hundreds of e-mails daily with people asking a variety of questions, yet most people are looking for a
quick fix with immediate results, requiring no effort or commitment.
How often have you moaned about the quality and tone of your skin, yet you fail to follow a good skincare regime when you return home too late at night, or you are amazed that you
do not lose weight when on a
diet, yet you continuously nibble at things that are not allowed?
The same goes for following an exercise program, learning a new skill or just looking after your life, your family or friends. Another example is that we often say that we should visit or speak to a friend/relative yet bemoan the fact that we never get around to doing it, but then feel guilty if something happens to that person and you never made the time to speak to them.
What we need to keep in mind when making resolutions this year is to acknowledge the fact that nothing comes easy and that some work is required to achieve anything of value.
When I started my business some years ago I went through a very tough time - financially and time wise - and was sometimes very vocal about how hard I had to work, and how many things I had to give up in life to follow my chosen path. An acquaintance turned round one day and said "if it was easy everybody would be doing it".
This statement has become my motto, and when I feel that things are just too difficult to do, follow or achieve, I then remind myself that if it were easy, everybody would be doing it.
Our search for excellence in life is not always an easy stroll, and can be littered with all kinds of obstacles and temptations, and therefore this fact that everything needs working on must be kept in mind when resolving to do/not to do something, since it may take effort on your part.
A friend of mine said the other day that the microwave was the worst invention ever, since it reinforced the idea of instantaneous effects and results, without much effort.
So, when we look at what we wish to achieve in the remaining eleven months of this year - let us be practical about it, and realize that some things take time to achieve, and that all things do not always happen as we wish.
With heart attacks and high blood pressure on the rise, we might need to look at reassessing the way we experience life, and how we interact with it.
Do we allow life and life's obstacles to lead us around, or do we take charge of situations and mold them the way we wish them to go.
Although control is a great thing to have, we in all fairness to ourselves also have to accept the fact that some things in life cannot be controlled and should be dealt with in the most positive way when they happen.
For years I used to stress so excessively that I would be late for appointments, because I see it as extremely bad manners to be late for an appointment. Last week I had to attend a meeting in Surrey, England, and found myself getting more and more stressed about arriving on time, since a strike was threatening to upset all my plans.
Luckily I caught myself in time not to stress about it, and to make my arrangements in such a way to prevent me from being late. Needless to say - I was on time and even if I did run a bit late, people would have understood the problem.
Even if we try our best to not let things and people upset and stress us
out, it does happen that a very busy day will leave its mark on your body and mind with your body
being tense and your mind feeling unfocused and tired.
These feelings do not simply go away on their own - you need to actively look at getting rid of them. Instead of simply flopping down on your
favourite chair at night with either a stiff drink or comforting junk food, rather first do some relaxation exercises, breathing exercises and have a long relaxing bath.
We sometimes feel that our job or profession must be the most taxing in the world, and that few other people have the same
level of stress, but the truth of the matter is that we all have a tremendous amount of stress to cope with, and that it will not go away unless you do something about it.
You could however ignore it and make yourself feel better in the short term with a variety of unhealthy alternatives, and run the risk of heart disease and high blood pressure, or you could deal with it head-on, sort it out, see it in the right perspective and carry on with your life with
less emotional baggage.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.