I have had enough of people saying that "it comes with
age" to explain all ills, pains and aches - as if the process of living requires that you enjoy life less and less.
There is a world-wide interest in the field of anti-aging and billions of dollars, pounds and euros are spent by the
aging generation of baby boomers.
There is a smorgasbord of products and services to choose from - ranging from the natural to the most extreme - some harmless, others less so.
So the question asked is how do you achieve an ageless body and face - but in reality what really should be asked is how a person can achieve an ageless mindset.
You can drink and inject human growth hormones, procaine or a selection of
herbs and vitamins - cover, wrap and rub in a selection of creams, lotions and balms - but all of this will be in vain if your mental attitude is not geared into enjoying life.
Sure, looking after your nutritional needs, and having a great skincare regime and doing regular exercise will ensure that you keep your body in great shape, but should you neglect your mind, you may still not have a wonderful life.
How you look after your mind is really one of the most private ways in which you can program yourself, since it touches on to all different realms including your spirituality and religion - and the way you experience what happens to you.
In the process of getting older (and hopefully wiser) your joints may become more stiff and your pace slow down a bit, but that still does not mean that you have to give up the enjoyment of life, since it is when you give up the joy of living that you really are old.
I know people in their 30s and 40s who I classify as old, yet my Grandmother at 98 was not an old lady as she kept her mind active, alive and positive - never mind what befell her or her family.
Although a positive mental attitude will go a long way to making every day irritations and petty things seem less important, you may also get through life far easier if you have a more philosophical way of looking at problems that come your way.
When bad things happen to us, it is not always easy to work through them, yet we are required to do so, since only when we have done so, will we be empowered to become bigger than the problem itself.
With all of the above in mind, people may ask what has this to do with aging? And the answer is simply that if we allow the problems of everyday life and
growing older to become a fixation, then we are more likely to
age faster, since we would allow life to rob us of our peace and joy, leaving us only to ponder and talk about problems.
These days most of us have to look carefully at how we spend our money, and on what we spend it on, and for good reason since money only goes so far.
Some people think that going to a beauty salon / day spa / health clinic is a waste of money and that you can achieve the same results at home.
Unfortunately that is not the case since a good salon will achieve far more than just simply doing a body or facial treatment.
We are all so busy living our lives and being a good mother / father / son / daughter / employee / employer / friend / relative etc. that we sometimes lose sight of the fact that we need to look after ourselves as well - and that includes pampering.
On the whole, body and facial treatments performed at a salon are done so with far greater skill and effect, since the therapists attending to this, studied in this particular field in order to provide the client with the best possible treatment.
Many salon items are now made available in home-use form - such as high frequency and faradic machines, yet these watered-down versions are still not the real thing, and my personal feeling is that if used incorrectly by unskilled people could do more harm than good.
When choosing a salon, first of all look for a professional looking
salon, and do not judge on price alone, since I have come across some pretty expensive salons that offer very inferior service.
Secondly look at the people working at the salon - the last thing you want to feel like is an intruder, and some salons have this terrible habit of making their clients feel like they are trespassing on hallowed ground - so also look at the attitude of the staff.
Also you must never feel like you are being pressured into buying any particular product - only buy when you feel comfortable in doing so.
Personally I would go to a well-appointed salon that offers a range of treatments from which I then could choose what fits my budget.
So - when you next have a couple of dollars, euros, pounds, francs, rands or yen - consider going to a salon to treat yourself. Not only will the treatment be beneficial to either your body or face, but the mere pampering can be balm to the soul in our impersonal stressed-out lives.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.