The quest for a wrinkle-free face has been the holy grail since man started walking upright, but even with the time, effort and money spent by all cosmetic manufacturers, few could actually produce a product that would help
stop wrinkle formation and remove wrinkles already formed.
The injection of botulism, (Botox™) which is a powerful neuro-toxin, has been the only way for women and men to help
reduce wrinkle formation, but even this powerful toxic compound has its limitations, since it cannot be used around the
eye area and has other potentially unpleasant side effects.
This all changed when a private laboratory in Spain, in collaboration with a university research facility, and with partial funding by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Technology developed a new
This molecule is a non-toxic, non-irritant compound that modulates the excessive stimulation of the facial muscles, relaxing facial tension and also helps to
reduce the depth of already formed
For the compound to be effective, it must be included at a 10% solution to a cream.
Some companies are now starting to include this molecule into their formulations, but when used at less than the 10% inclusion rate, the
cream cannot be as effective, as shown in the clinical trials that were done when the research and development of the molecule was developed.
The website where this cream will be available is not ready yet, but we hope to be able to direct our readers next month to this website - to help them achieve a truly "ageless" face.
Gotu Kola, also called Indian Pennywort or Centella, is a native herb of South Africa, India, Sri Lanka and Madagascar. It has been used extensively in African
herbal remedies and has been a major herb in Ayurvedic medicine for the last 3000 years, and was also referred to by early Western medicine in the French pharmacopoeia of 1884.
In the modern day pharmaceutical world it is often used as an active ingredient in tonics, oral slimming formulas, body beautiful preparations, body firming products, wound healing and
anti-aging skin care products.
Gotu Kola is said to help purify the blood, promote better circulation, increase energy, healthy skin, assist in helping with high blood pressure, rejuvenating and balancing the mind as well as being a nerve tonic, assisting with slimming, edema, helping with arthritis, rheumatism, treating of liver and kidney problems, an anti stress agent as well as an adaptogen.
The saying "if it is too good to be true, then it usually is" comes to mind when you start talking about this amazing herb, but in the instance of Gotu Kola, much can be said for the properties it contains, and for this reason it has been successfully used for more than 3,000 years.
Gotu Kola contains NO caffeine or any stimulant (do not confuse it with the Kola nut), but contains asiaticosides, which is a triterpene glycoside, which can be classified as a type of antibiotic and may assist in wound treatment and which has also been used to assist in fighting leprosy in both African and Indian herbal treatment since it helps to dissolve the waxy coating of the leprosy bacteria - thereby allowing the immune system to destroy the bacteria.
It further contains brahmosides and brahminosides, which are saponin glycosides, as well as madecassosides - also a glycoside, but with great anti-inflammatory properties.
Over and above the asiaticosides, brahmosides and brahminosides, the plant also is a source of vitamin K (which is used in blood clotting as well as bone maintenance and repair), magnesium, calcium, sodium, madecassic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine, vitamin K, asparate, glutamate, serine, threonine, alanine, lysine and histidine.
The Indian yogis believe that centella helps in their meditation, mental alertness and mental focusing. Students have also reported greater capacity for memory retention and it is also thought to help produce neurotransmitters.
Gotu Kola is a useful herb for bedridden patients since it is a great help with
circulation, wound healing and bedsores. People with phlebitis problems (inflammation of the veins), varicose veins, gastric ulcers and other circulatory problems also report benefits from Gotu Kola.
Gotu Kola is also taken for energy and vitality as it is said to help with the normalizing of blood sugar levels, which in turn helps with combating hypoglycemia,
mental fatigue, depression and confusion. Gotu Kola could also help with the body's energy level since it has a good supply of thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2) and pyridoxine (vitamin B6), which assists in converting carbohydrates into glucose as well as being needed for normal nervous system functioning.
In India it has for the last 3,000 years of Ayurvedic medicine been used for wound healing, as a mild diuretic, increasing concentration, alertness, as well as anti-anxiety and anti-stress.
In the Far East it is used for treatment of depression and longevity - in China it is also called the "Fountain of Youth" - and by name alone should inspire those looking for a way to look better for longer.
Another anti-ageing benefit that Gotu Kola is said to have is to help with the increase of hemoglobin, while decreasing urea and acid phosphate levels in the blood.
Gotu Kola is said to have an effect on connective tissue, and has great value helping with the
synthesis of collagen, thickening of the skin (a great anti-ageing property - as we age our skins become thinner), increasing the tensile strength of the flesh, wound healing, repair of damaged tissue in wound healing, as well as
promoting hair and nail growth.
If very large quantities of Gotu Kola are ingested it might cause nausea, but no other side effects exist.
People on any sedatives or calming medication should also avoid Centella, since it could enhance the action of the sedative.
When detoxifying the body it is also helpful to look at Gotu Kola, as it is said to assist with
destroying toxic accumulation in the
brain as well as the nerves, while helping to clear the body of heavy metals as well as drugs - including recreational drugs.
In some quarters, although extremely alternative, people suffering from hepatitis as well as
alcoholic liver disease also use Gotu Kola when detoxifying.
In alternative health this herb is used to treat tumors and
cancerous growths, without suppressing the auto immune system or creating toxic wastes within the body.
In its fresh form (you can plant it successfully in your garden) Gotu Kola (Centella Asiatica) can also be used in salads and the dried leaves can be used to make a herbal infusion.
We would like to reiterate that the above information is meant as information only, and although the anecdotal qualities have been listed, it is not as such underwritten by clinical Western allopathic medicine, and none of the above should be seen as any health or medicinal claims.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.