2003 Ageless herbal newsletter
In the last couple of newsletters we have looked at practical ways to assist with grooming and looking our best.
This month we are taking a more philosophical view on beauty since many readers have sent us requests to also write about the way we think about beauty - and how to think yourself beautiful.
I came across an interesting quote the other day from Nancy Lane which states "Looking forever young is not an
art - it is a practiced science - a studied regime".
We also received a delightful e-mail from one of our readers which reads "I am tired of all this nonsense about
beauty being only skin-deep. That is deep enough - what do you want - an adorable pancreas?"
But with due reference to the statements above, there is one very important factor not to lose track of, and that is your
mental attitude to the way you look.
You can do all the right things - from a great daily skincare regime to regular body and
facial treatments, yet, if your mind is not attuned to looking beautiful, then all of these treatments will be in vain.
Our self-image and confidence is as great a part of looking good as that of good grooming and looking after yourself.
Tony Robins, the motivational speaker, makes his trainees do certain exercises to make them feel better about themselves and to
increase their confidence and this is a central theme in most self-help courses that are offered.
Your self worth, must never be vested in somebody else, or your outward appearance - it must be securely vested in yourself and you should have an unshakeable belief that you have intrinsic worth to yourself and those around you.
Your value is seated not in what you have achieved, what you own, what you do, who you are married to or such, but your value should be simply in your being - being who and what you are, without comparing yourself to anybody else.
My mother, who had a difficult life, had a problem with her own self-worth - and this type of insecurity not only manifests itself in the way that she
handled herself in her daily affairs, but also impacted on her general happiness and well-being, which in turn
impacted on the way she looked and how others perceive her.
One of the people in our company hates his face so much, that he refuses to look in a mirror - even whilst shaving. The problem that he is experiencing is not that he is
ugly, because he isn't, but that his mental picture of himself is totally distorted which happened because he allowed outside factors to influence his self-image.
God, or whichever Deity you believe in, gave you your facial and body attributes, and hating what you have is not conducive to making the most of what you have. This in my book does not preclude you having anything altered cosmetically should it really bother you - but as long as you like the essence of the looks bestowed on you.
A psychologist friend of mine makes his patients with low self esteem stand before a mirror and makes them tell themselves repeatedly that they are
beautiful and worth the attention of others - it may be a strange therapy for some people, yet he has had great results. Since we are not mental health care professionals I do not advocate that you do this should you have this problem, but would suggest that you consult with a suitably qualified therapist.
All of us do not look like movie stars or super
models, and there is no reason why we should - we are who we are and uniquely so.
Have you ever been at a gathering or party where you saw a person and felt compelled to look at them and thought that you would like to meet them?
They may not have been beautiful or handsome in the normal sense of the word, yet they had a "presence" about them, which draws people.
This is what I would call internal beauty - since they do not only rely on their
external looks to make an impression, they are normally secure in themselves as a person, and know their own self-worth.
A strange phenomena that I do not subscribe to is when some women are referred to as, say Mrs. John Smith - why can they not be their own person and be Mrs. Mary Smith - why should their worth be coupled to the person that they are married to?
So - although beauty may be skin deep - the
radiance that propels beauty is far deeper seated - and your mental attitude and the picture of what you look like, impacts as much on your
physical beauty as that of good grooming / make-up and
looking after yourself.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.