2003 Ageless herbal newsletter
We receive at least 15,000 requests per month for our free facial exercises and we thank everybody for their positive feedback.
Over-and-above that we get al least 2,000 letters per month from people wishing to know more about
plastic surgery and what it can do for a person. It is interesting to note that about 65% of the letters are from women, with about 35% being from men. Unfortunately we cannot answer technical queries regarding plastic surgery since we are not qualified to do so.
But since we are involved in looking good, the writer also has a keen interest in plastic surgery,
plastic surgeons and the correct application of such surgery.
Plastic surgery is NOT for everybody - and will NOT correct all ills - since some people may wish to have plastic surgery done for the wrong reason.
If you have a facial deformity, or are not happy about something on your body or face - by all means have
cosmetic surgery, but do not think that plastic surgery is going to make your life better or make you feel better about yourself.
Some people have wondered and speculated if the writer has had plastic surgery - and yes - I have had some plastic surgery done - but
never for wrinkle removal and I have never had a
I personally had a problem with not having prominent enough cheek bones and since it was important to me -
cheekbones were implanted. I was under no illusion that cheekbones would better my life - I simply wanted more
prominent cheekbones and had them implanted.
People sometimes have plastic work done in order to better their personal life with their partner or for
having more confidence. Unfortunately plastic surgery will do neither - plastic surgery will just fix up a problem - it will not change your mind or the way you think about yourself.
To have plastic surgery performed to remove wrinkles and to
tighten up your face also has a downside - if you have had years of bad skincare and exposed it excessively to all the elements and a bad lifestyle - then a facelift will make you look better, yet you NEED to have a
good skincare regime to maintain any such results achieved.
Whatever you wish for in life, you need to work for - and if you want a good looking, radiant and
vital looking skin, you would need to daily attend to it, and do not expect that the
cut of a surgeon's knife will correct a lifetime of
neglect, or that you can neglect your skin after a surgically procedure.
Remember - plastic surgery is an invasive type of surgery and should not be undertaken lightly. Some people are under the impression that plastic surgery is not "really surgery" but believe me it is. Your body is being worked on, and depending on the type of surgery you may also require general anesthetic - which also negatively impacts on your health.
But after weighing up all the odds, should you still decide to have that nose
job, eyelid tuck, liposuction or
breast enlargement, please make sure that you see a well
qualified plastic surgeon.
All the horror TV programs on plastic surgeons mostly portray plastic surgery done by normal general practitioners that did not spend an extra 4 - 5 years on learning the finer details of plastic and
reconstructive surgery and do not have the proper qualifications to call themselves "plastic and reconstructive surgeons".
Although such general practitioners may legally undertake plastic work in some states and countries - I would really suggest that you ensure that you consult a properly qualified, licensed and practicing plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
A good plastic surgeon will not look at making a quick buck - but will give you the best advise as well - and sometimes that advice may not be what you want to hear.
But remember - plastic surgery is not a joke and must be considered carefully with all its implications - cost, health and what possible side effects it may have and what it can and cannot achieve.
In the East, adaptogens have been used for centuries to combat
stress, mental and physical fatigue and to minimize tissue damage resulting from the free radicals that our bodies are exposed to daily. Yet it took several centuries for Western society to experience the benefits of these unique nutritional components.
The term "adaptogen" was first coined by the Russian scientist N V Lazarev, but was later refined by the Russian researcher Professor Israel Brekman, who classified adaptogens as follows:
A plant type that is absolutely safe and non-toxic;
Which increases the body's non-specific resistance to internal and external stimuli;
Which brings any dysfunctional body system back to normal.
The action of Adaptogens
Extracts from three different plant species - rhodiola rosea, eleutherococcus and Schizandra chinensis - do not specifically only stimulate or sedate, but will act on what your body requires - so if your body or mind is in need of stimulation they will assist, yet when your body or mind need calming they will also assist - they are NOT a stimulant nor a sedative, but have a "balancing" effect on the body. We have found Schizandra Chinensis the most effective and active adaptogen.
Explaining the effects of the adaptogens is difficult, since they influence each individual differently. If you are
mentally exhausted or physically fatigued then adaptogens will help you feel more energetic, vitalized, and full of zest for life - but they are not normal stimulants.
Should you however be stressed-out or emotionally tired and not
coping with life, the adaptogens will help you relax and make life easier to cope with, yet they are not tranquillizers and will not have a drug-like effect on the body.
The Russians have funded much research into the field of adaptogens, and for this reason, because of the
increased mental and physical activities achieved with this nutrient, have recommended that their cosmonauts supplement their diets with it.
Should you feel you are not coping, continuously fatigued or you need to increase stamina, endurance, concentration and mental clarity, you might look at adding this nutrient to your diet in order to improve these conditions.
An increase of over 20% in the capacity to work has been reported, as well as a reduction in errors made by over 80% - which makes this a great nutrient to take when studying or working at optimum levels. It is further reported that endurance is increased by up to 26% and an increase in strength is improved by nearly 10%.
It is also said to assist with the following:
Protecting the body from stress, increasing stamina and strength, shortening the recovery period after physical exertion, increased level of concentration and a decrease in errors made, increased work capacity,
increased sexual potency and a general feeling of
well-being, a decrease in feeling stressed-out and helping as an anti-inflammatory and improving circulation.
Almost everyone could benefit from this supplement. The pressures of our busy lifestyles lead to
tiredness, listlessness and a general lack of
energy. In short, your quality of life is being affected by a general sense of not feeling totally well.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.