This excellent cold and flu remedy is also known as blue-gum
Eucalyptus essential oil is extracted from the leaves and twigs of the
Eucalyptus tree (Eucalyptus
globulus), using steam distillation. The word
"Eucalyptus" is derived from the Greek "eu" and "kalypto" meaning "well" and covered" (referring to the cup-like membrane that covers the flower bud that is thrown off as the flower
expands). The Australian Blue-Gum tree is one of the major sources of Eucalyptus essential
There are over 500 different species of Eucalyptus trees and they have blue-green, narrow, long and tough
leaves. The flowers are creamy-white, and the bark is very papery and peels off on the sides of the
trunk. If you have ever seen a Koala bear, then you have probably seen an Australian Blue-Gum tree, as this tree is the natural habitat of this cute-looking, highly strung bear.
The Surgeon General of the Australian colony, Dr John White, first distilled Eucalyptus essential oil in Australia in 1788.
Interest in the Australian Blue-Gum tree developed because it is very fast growing and uses up immense amounts of
water. Eucalyptus trees are therefore used in agriculture to turn marshy, swampy ground into usable, arable
land. This process also helps to
eradicate the breeding ground of the malaria
mosquito, helping the tree gain a reputation in the 19th century of being able to rid an area of fever or "miasma" (the source of malaria was not yet known), hence the name
"Fever tree". Aborigines chew the roots of the Australian or Tasmanian Blue-Gum for their water content and also
bind wounds with Eucalyptus leaves to
Various ways to use Eucalyptus oil
Please note: Eucalyptus essential oil should not be used by or on children under 12 years of age, and care should be taken when used by the elderly.
Apple Cider Vinegar is not a "new" folk remedy, but has its origin in Phoenician times, when they drank "Shekar", a type of
apple cider vinegar, for its healing properties.
The father of modern medicine, Hippocrates (400 B.C.), also used Apple Cider Vinegar to treat his patients, using it as a
The Roman army issued its soldiers with a ration of vinegar to take daily for general health, and the sponge with
water and vinegar offered to Jesus Christ when
He was on the cross, was not necessarily torture, but could have been a sign of compassion, since the Romans drank vinegar and water as a
When the Black Plague swept Europe, the healers of the time protected themselves by taking apple cider vinegar because of its disinfectant properties. Apple cider vinegar has never disappeared from
folk medicine, but it has also not gained huge popularity.
Few people actually like the taste of apple cider vinegar
liquid, but various supplement capsules are on the market, making it much easier to ingest.
Apple Cider Vinegar is useful for
- maintaining a well functioning metabolism
- reducing cholesterol (the dangerous LDL cholesterol type)
- regulating the water content in the cells and body
- reducing water retention in the body
- reducing excess sodium from the body
- helps to regulate blood pressure
- assists with preventing circulatory problems
- helps with diminishing premature calcification of the arteries
- helps increase concentration and memory
- assists in blood circulation.
Some of the many diseases and conditions for which Apple Cider Vinegar is beneficial: arthritis, asthma, blood pressure, sustaining bone mass, cancer, cholesterol, colds, constipation, cramps, diabetes, diarrhea, depression, retarding cataract development, fatigue, food poisoning, gallstones and kidney stones, headaches, heart problems, indigestion, nasal congestion, stiff joints, ulcers and weight loss.
Your smile and the quality of your teeth
affect your appearance but very little is ever said or written about teeth,
your smile and their effect on your
appearance, and especially how the state of your teeth can promote a more youthful
Your smile is very important and is a great image-enhancer. A smile can be used to open new doors and
break down barriers in your social and
professional life, and having a stunning smile can only be a boon.
Crooked, malformed, stained,
missing or broken teeth may cause low self-esteem, spoil your smile and prevent you from living a full and rich life.
Most dentists have been trained to recognize and correct these defects and will identify problems or defects that have to be referred to a
Your smile line has a lot to do with promoting a youthful,
ageless appearance. An older smile line is one in which the
front teeth have been worn through use - the
teeth appear to be straight right across. A youthful smile line is one where the
front teeth are longer - this helps the mouth to create a curved line that comes down in the middle and up at the corners.
If you have problem teeth, all is not lost!
Improvements have been made in the field of cosmetic dental
surgery, and most defects can be corrected. Cosmetic dental surgery, however, has to be very personalized and is usually never cheap, so find out about all the costs before proceeding with a treatment.
A full evaluation of your smile and teeth should be done before you decide on any procedure.
When evaluating your smile please remember that, although you do not see all your
teeth, gums and lips when smiling, other people do - so remember to evaluate your whole mouth while doing this.
Why change your smile? If you are happy with your smile don't change it, but perhaps you should ask yourself the following questions:
If you have answered "no" to every question, except 1,9 and 15, you are content with your
If you have answered yes to a lot of the questions above and decide to have a procedure done, remember to
talk to your dentist about the procedure.
Find out exactly what it will cost, what the dangers are, what the recuperation period will
be. It would also be a good idea to ask around and find out what other people have to say about work done by the
dentist. It may also be wise to approach a few dentists to enable yourself to compare quotes and how the procedure is handled differently by each, and
why. In short, make sure that you are totally comfortable and informed about the procedure before you begin.
Remember to make sure that you can afford the procedure - costs may include fees for the dentist, an anesthetist, the theatre, your hospital stay and medication.
Many new techniques exist in cosmetic dentistry, such as:
We have only mentioned a few treatments that are offered by dentists, to help correct your
teeth. Please discuss any problem in full with your dentist who will suggest the correct procedure to follow.
Dentistry has improved vastly since the days of the piece of string and the doorknob, and it is no longer necessary for people to walk around ashamed of their smile and
teeth. Most first world countries have highly competent dentists, whose services can be used to improve the image that we present to the world.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.