2005 Ageless herbal newsletter
When we refer to good colon health, we are not merely referring to the absence of constipation; we are referring to a well functioning colon, which has a direct bearing on the general health of all people.
In older, bed-ridden patients, a huge variety of ills and ailments can be ascribed to the fact that the health of their colon is less than perfect, and although this may not be the single cause, it is definitely a contributory factor to a host of health problems.
This holds true for younger people as well – as the colon is not only a waste mechanism, but also forms an integral part of the entire system of the body.
If the colon cannot remove wastes properly, the other waste removal organs – be that the lungs, kidneys and skin are over-taxed, and toxins build up within the system. For that reason, people with
badly functioning colons may have bad
breath, as well as very darkly colored and smelly urine and various
skin eruptions and complaints.
If regular bowel movements are lacking, the toxins accumulated in the colon
can contribute to a host of problems – ranging from minor things such as headaches to allergies, mood swings, recurrent flu and fevers, to more major
degenerative diseases, such as arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, diverticulitis and various auto-immune diseases.
Since few articles in glossy magazines will ever tackle this topic, very few people ever give much thought to it, and if they become very constipated will pop a
laxative or two – which is the sum total of how far people ever think of their colon.
The colon needs roughage (fiber), water and exercise to function properly – but in saying this, it is no use to now and again overdose on bran or other fiber, as taking large amounts of this may not always work towards the health of your colon, but can hamper its proper functioning.
For more information on constipation, please visit
www.ageless.co.za/constipation.htm as well as
When colon health is compromised, you cannot and will not feel your best, and for that reason alone, proper care must be taken of this body system.
Colonic irrigation, although very alternative and slightly controversial, is different from enemas, as it is a slow and precise therapy that MUST be performed by a qualified therapist, yet can have a very beneficial effect on your general health, especially if you have had problems with your colon.
Healthy people can have a colonic irrigation once a year, while people with impacted or unhealthy colons should consider a series of treatments, until the health of the colon, including the muscle tone, functionality and circulation is on par again.
Although this is not a complete article about colon health, or colonic irrigation, we have aimed with this article to make people more aware of the importance of their colon, and the role it can play in fighting disease and maintaining vibrant health.
This essential oil must be one of the most under-valued essential oils, as it does not have the enchanting smell that lavender, neroli, ylang-ylang or rosemary has, but its therapeutic properties make it a super-star in its own right.
Black pepper essential oil is extracted from the unripe, sun-dried peppercorns (fruit) of the Piper nigrum plant and although the plant originates from India, Malaysia, Madagascar, China and Indonesia, the essential oil is mostly extracted in Singapore, India and Malaysia. There are nearly 900 species of the
pepper plant, but only a few are used for medicinal purposes, and only the Piper nigrum specie is used to extract the
It has been used in India for more than 4,000 years and is also used in Chinese medicine. Even the ancients Greeks relied on the medicinal use of this herb.
This warm and spicy essential oil helps to increase warmth in the body and mind, relieving sore muscles and joints, boosting the immune and digestive systems, stimulating the kidneys and
dispersing bruising by increasing circulation to the
The therapeutic properties of black pepper oil include analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, aphrodisiac, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient and tonic (especially of the spleen).
Black pepper oil can be used to help in the treatment of
pain relief, rheumatism, chills, flu, colds,
increase circulation, exhaustion, muscular aches, physical and emotional coldness, nerve tonic and fevers. It furthermore increases the flow of saliva, stimulates appetite, encourages peristalsis, tones the colon muscles and is a general digestive tonic.
This warming oil can be used to great effect to help circulation and bruising and specifically to help with muscle tone, aching limbs and rheumatoid arthritis. It further helps to promote digestion, the colon as well as the kidneys.
Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, black pepper oil is used to add warmth to chills and colds and to create an atmosphere of 'getting things done'. This can be done by vaporizing the oil in a special oil burner (over a tea candle) or can also be used in some humidifiers that have a special place to vaporize essential oils.
Blended oil or in the bath
Black pepper oil can be used in blended massage
oil, or diluted in a bath, to assist with circulation, bruises, rheumatoid arthritis and muscular aches and pains. It is best only to use a few drops (no more than 6) to a bath, and when including it in massage oil, use no more than 2% of the essential oil. Almond oil is a good medium to use for massage.
Blended in base cream
As a constituent in a blended cream is can be used for tired aching limbs, sore muscles, rheumatoid arthritis, stimulating the appetite and to help sort out bowel problems. In small quantities it can be used to reduce high temperatures. It increases circulation to the skin and is therefore helpful in restoring proper functioning of the skin.
To make a very basic cream, you could use aqueous cream and add a few drops of the essential oil to the cream, and then stir very well – but keep to the 2% inclusion rate of the essential oil in relationship with the cream.
People with arthritis report wonderful results when applying a cream containing black pepper oil on the affected areas.
To read more about black
pepper essential oil please visit Esoteric
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.