August 2007 Ageless herbal newsletter
Arthritis, an inflammation of the
joints, is an extremely painful, sometimes crippling condition that affects men and women of all age groups, but particularly people over the age of 55. This makes arthritis, in all its different forms, one of the most disabling conditions found in the world today, limiting the full enjoyment of life for many sufferers.
In our pursuit for an ageless lifestyle, we have developed natural herbal products that help
ease pain caused by this condition and also bring you this newsletter in the hope that it will be of some benefit.
Arthritis is a collective term, which comprises many different types of the disabling condition, such as
rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic
arthritis, which are caused by a dysfunction in the body’s immune system, where the immune cells attack the body.
Other types of arthritis are septic arthritis – where the joints are infected,
gouty arthritis - where excess uric acid crystals are deposited in the joints, causing inflammation and “pseudo-gout”, joint inflammation caused by
deposits of calcium pyrophosphate.
Osteo arthritis (degenerative joint
disease) is the most common form of
arthritis, caused by damage or injury to a joint, aging, or infection.
There are many other types of arthritis and many other diseases cause arthritis or
arthritic symptoms, such as Reactive
Hemochromatosis and Hepatitis.
Joint pain is the major symptom of arthritis and the type of pain and when and where the pain occurs is used in the diagnosis of the disease. For instance: pain from rheumatoid arthritis is found to be
worse in the morning, while pain from osteoarthritis is often found to be
worse at night.
Some people find that changing their diet or eating pattern does influence
the pain level associated with arthritis. Not all medical people agree with this
- but should you find that a particular type of food aggravate the symptoms - it
will be stupid not to try and avoid that particular food type. Before making
huge changes to your diet it would be recommended that you discuss it with your
For a FREE diet to help reduce the effects of arthritis, please send a blank e-mail to
email@example.com to receive your copy.
A dietitian compiled it for us - but it is very generic and may have to be
changed to suit your individual case - and before making any changes please
consult your medical practitioner.
MSM originates from the ocean, where the plankton releases sulfur compounds into the seawater which is then converted to DMS - a volatile ingredient which then escapes into the atmosphere. The DMS then reacts to the ozone and ultraviolet light to create DMSO and DMSO2 - MSM. This then comes down to earth in rainwater where it is taken up by plants.
Most MSM available commercially is manufactured by combining sulfur with paper mill liquids, which is then processed to produce MSM.
MSM helps to maintain natural barriers to allergies, it supports tissue liability and encourages skin repair. The sulfur (part of MSM) is needed to form healthy bones, joints, ligaments, and tendons and furthermore helps the body to produce insulin.
MSM is included in many topical creams and lotions which help ease joint and muscle pain.
Arnica is found to reverse the effect of pain causing prostaglandins and therefore is particularly useful for
topical creams used for joint, muscle and rheumatic
pain, preventing muscular stiffness.
The internal use of this herb should be strictly supervised by a medical practitioner.
For more information on an excellent Muscle and Joint Balm that contains arnica and MSM, please click here.
Ivy leaf is indicated as a treatment for arthritis, rheumatism and scrofula.
The British Herbal Compendium indicates its use for bronchitis, peptic ulcer, chronic gastritis,
rheumatism and arthritis, and
The British Herbal Compendium indicates its use for atonic and acid dyspepsia, gastritis, peptic ulceration, and
rheumatic and arthritic pains.
Salicylic acid, from which aspirin was originally derived, is found in willow bark.
This compound has been seen to be one of the best available pain relieving medications for arthritis.
The British Herbal Compendium indicates its use for rheumatic and arthritic conditions and feverish conditions such as the common cold or influenza. ESCOP indicates it use for treatment of feverish conditions, symptomatic treatment of mild rheumatic complaints, and relief of headache.
The British Herbal Compendium approves the internal use of parsley herb for flatulent dyspepsia, dysuria, and
The following essential oils have been found to be beneficial when used topically to treat
arthritis, due to their warming, pain relieving and circulation stimulating properties:
We make an excellent blend of these oils, called Muscle and Joint
Blend, which has been found by many of our clients to be an alternative natural way to effectively relieve the discomfort and pain experienced when suffering from arthritis, muscle and joint pain, or
To purchase this blend, or other essential oils, or to view more information regarding essential oils and their use as an alternative therapy, please go to
It seems that arthritis in all its forms has plagued humanity for centuries, and although much research has been done into the illness, it does not seem as if we are any nearer to eradicating this extremely
painful and crippling disease.
There are however, many topical and oral medications on the market, which ease and relieve the pain associated with arthritis. It is interesting to note that
salicylic acid (the original active compound in aspirin) is still found by many to be one of the safest and most effective analgesics on the market, for
treatment of arthritis.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.