January 2008 Ageless herbal newsletter
We have received numerous requests during the past month for natural herbal remedies for
cuts, scrapes, piles, acne, psoriasis and
burn wounds. Apart from this, we also had inquiries about what to use to assist the
healing of surgical wounds and to prevent the formation of excessive scar tissue at the
In this newsletter we look at various herbs and botanical extracts that are excellent for promoting
faster healing, and which help to prevent the formation of
excessive scar tissue.
When our formulating chemists developed our Ageless Herbal Healing Cream, they researched the properties of various herbal and botanical extracts that have been proven through scientific studies to have powerful
healing effects and combined the best to form our Healing Cream. They formulated these herbs and botanicals selected in a base of natural and deeply moisturizing olive milk, to create a non-greasy and easily absorbed cream.
Based on positive feedback that we have received for more than decade, our Ageless Herbal Healing Cream is an absolute winner, which has had astoundingly positive effects when used to
prevent scarring and to help heal burn
wounds, acne, psoriasis, piles and a variety of other skin diseases and
problems. To view some of the cases that were successfully treated please click here.
Studies show that when Aloe sap is applied to the skin, it significantly accelerates the
healing process. The application of Aloe to the skin also moisturizes and softens the skin, which makes the skin smoother and more elastic. It is especially effective when used on skin that has been exposed to UV radiation (sunburn) and helps to heal cuts,
nicks, burns and wounds, reducing inflammation and pain.
It has an amazing healing action on problem skin and is often used for
psoriasis, acne and eczema. In a study it also showed that the betulinic acid found in Birch sap, is helpful when used to control the cancerous growth of melanoma and other skin tumor cells. Birch sap is also very astringent, which makes it extremely
effective on wounds and especially when applied to piles or hemorrhoids, as it causes them to retract.
Calendula is used in many skin care products to reduce inflammation and to soften and
soothe the skin. Calendula feeds the skin, helps the skin retain moisture and to build new skin cells. This extract also has superb
healing properties as it helps with granulation during healing of
wounds, and it is also slightly antiseptic and kills bacteria.
Centella is an amazing herb that is included in the whole range of Ageless skin care products. It stimulates
circulation and the production of collagen in the
skin and also prevents the skin from forming excess scar tissue on a
healing wound, by helping in the control of collagenase, which is an enzymatic system that
removes the excess collagen build-up at wound sites.
Chickweed helps stop bleeding and is included in our formula to soothe the skin and to prevent the
break-down of healthy tissue. This herb also has cell-proliferating properties that
helps wound healing. It is commonly used with great success on
rashes, itchiness, eczema, psoriasis, hemorrhoids (piles), varicose veins, inflammations and other
Horsetail feeds the skin and has been approved by the German Commission E as a
treatment for wounds. It repairs and regenerates tissue and helps
blood to clot, while stabilizing the connective tissue in the skin, which causes
wounds to heal faster. It is a great epithelial
regenerator, due to the presence of saponins and flavonoids in its composition.
Marshmallow is superb when used to help reduce inflammation and further helps the
skin retain hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance produced by the body to help create new skin cells. It boosts the dermal structure, which leads to
MSM is most useful in the treatment of arthritis and other diseases where joint pain is experienced, as well as for muscular pains and aches. But on the skin, it is useful in the treatment of
skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis. The sulfur contained in MSM is also used in the skin for collagen synthesis.
Olive leaf extract helps the body heal wounds and form healthy scar tissue and is particularly effective when used on
burns or sunburn. Olive leaf extract is often used in sport and muscle preparations, as it increases the blood flow and has a warming and relaxing action. It helps the veins and capillaries to dilate, which increases the circulation and the inflow of oxygenated blood to the site of a wound, which helps in the
Rosehip is included in the formula as it contains polyunsaturated fatty acids (vitamin F), also known as essential fatty acids (EFA). When these acids are absorbed through the skin, they convert to prostaglandins (PGE), which are involved in
cellular membrane and tissue regeneration, which greatly promotes wound healing and
reduces the formation of scar
tissue. The linoleic and linolenic acids in Rosehip have also shown to reduce pigmentation of the
skin. The trans-retinoic acid contained in Rosehip oil is also responsible for skin rejuvenation and
Soy is an excellent emollient and helps fight unwanted changes in the skin cells (DNA damage), which gives Soy anti-tumor properties. Soy contains a high percentage of phytosterols, which promote the production of collagen and revitalizes the skin. The protease inhibitor effect that it also has on the skin can play a role in fighting unwanted changes in the cell, which gives it anti-tumor properties as well.
The main benefits of Tea Tree oil are that it has superb antiseptic, anti-fungal and broad-spectrum anti-microbial activity on the skin, and is therefore a highly prized ingredient to fight a variety of
infections and skin problems.
The molecular structure of Tea Tree oil makes it penetrate the skin
easily, where it also has an excellent anti-inflammatory effect on any inflammation found on the skin. It is most beneficial in helping
wounds heal faster and cleaner.
White Lily extract has been traditionally used to treat abscesses, boils, skin ulcers,
wounds and burnt skin. Recent studies have shown that the saponins in White Lily can inhibit certain
skin cancer activation.
It is used to treat cuperosis (couperose/cuperose) where the skin is covered with small-dilated blood vessels. Furthermore, it has anti-inflammatory, protective, hydrating, moisturizing and emollient properties, which in turn
help with skin elasticity.
From the above it is easy to see that some herbs have amazing healing properties, and when combined together in a single formula they work in synergy to create a truly amazing product – which we achieved with our
Healing Cream – a virtual natural herbal “first aid kit” in one container.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.