We look at cellulite in the October 2010 Ageless herbal newsletter
Writing this newsletter sometimes presents a problem – the seasons differ for our worldwide readers, and men, women as well as people of all ages read the newsletter.
Since it is summer in my part of the world at a sweltering 40 degrees Celsius (about 104 degrees Fahrenheit) – I have decided to write an article of interest to ALL women (16 and older).
Our male readers can just as well read it – it will maybe help them understand the psyche of women a bit better, and have more empathy for the problems and troubles women have – especially in our competitive and “body-beautiful” society.
The topic today is cellulite.
We look at how cellulite nodules are formed, the natural (and FREE) way to getting rid of them, to regain your smooth body contours.
There are various opinions on this matter, but after working and studying this problem for thirty years, I have come to the conclusion that hormones are one of the main causes, and that genetics play a very dominant role.
Although it is not impossible for men to develop cellulite, it is 99% a female problem and normally is accompanied by a variety of other problems, like water retention and constipation.
Cellulite formation is indicative of your cell functioning being under-par and shows that your body is being overstressed by toxins and having excess lipids (fats).
These fats are then bound to immovable waste material and this clogged-up mess in the skin’s connective tissue, results in the bloated, puffy and uneven orange peel effect of the skin.
The fat cells (adipose tissues) in the female skin are slightly varied from that of men – and that is why more women have cellulite. It is also a plus factor for men that their skin is slightly thicker than female skin.
Underneath the skin you find the connective tissue and below that fat molecules – and this is exactly where the cellulite problem starts.
Female fat cells are stacked in vertical chambers, and if they enlarge they protrude by pushing up into the skin area – causing the dimpling effect of cellulite. As we age, the skin gets thinner, making these cellulite protrusions even more visible.
In order to remove cellulite, you need to reduce the amount of lipids (fat) in the adipose cells (fat cells) and reduce the size of the actual fat cells and remove the accumulated waste material.
The trapped waste material in the cells is due to inadequate circulation – caused by under-performing lymph drainage and incomplete osmotic transference.
The cells need to be properly irrigated to enable them to not just get rid of excess liquid, but also the waste materials formed during normal cell metabolism. And although we need “extracellular” fluid to achieve this, we also need to ensure that excess fluids are drained off and removed by the lymphatic system.
Enough oxygen must also reach the cells in order to metabolize (break down) the nutrients properly.
There is no "magic bullet” - natural or otherwise - and you would need to approach this problem in a holistic way to achieve a smooth unblemished skin.
You will need to address a couple of things, and that will include your diet and water intake, constipation, exercise, breathing, relaxation, massage and energizing your lymphatic system.
Although this sounds like too much to do, it is in actual fact very easy to achieve, and for further help we have information pages on these topics. Before you think that it will be too difficult, let me immediately assure you that you can achieve all of this by simply making minor changes to your lifestyle and correcting a few bad habits.
Although we as a company advocate a healthy lifestyle, we are also fully aware that some people do not have the time (or the inclination) to make changes.
For this, we offer an excellent effective treatment cream called Cellumend – which will not only help to get rid of the already formed cellulite, but will also help in preventing new cellulite from forming.
The composition of our anti-cellulite cream differs from the normal run-of-the-mill treatment products, and you can read all about the very exciting patented ingredient that we use…
Since we believe in full disclosure and honesty, all readers must please take note of the following.
Cellumend will help you remove cellulite. We have thousands of clients worldwide that can attest to its effectiveness.
After getting rid of your cellulite with the help of Cellumend, the cellulite may re-appear when you stop using Cellumend and if no changes are made to your lifestyle.
You can use Cellumend indefinitely, and although we are very happy to do business with you, you must appreciate the fact that although the cream is most effective, it is not a once-off life-time guarantee for smooth skin with no cellulite.
I trust you found the newsletter interesting, and although you may not look at buying a product, it will be worth your while to follow the hints in the information pages to help you get rid of cellulite.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Lavender oil
- This is the most popular essential oil and with good reason. Lavender oil is a superb product to use on burns, insect bites, sunburn, wounds and other skin complaints and irritations. Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that can be used neat (not diluted) on the skin, and is great to help with regeneration and rejuvenation of skin cells. Emotionally it has a calming and soothing effect and is an exceptionally pleasant smelling oil.
- Tea tree oil
- Once used, you will always have a bottle of tea tree essential oil handy. It deals effectively with bacteria, fungi and viruses. Our oil surpasses the “Australian Standard” by having less than 15% 1,8 cineole and more than 30% of Terpinen-4-ol. This powerful essential oil is effective in various ways to fight infections and skin problems.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.