Never mind that this year is nearly over, it is frightening how quickly the years seem to be speeding past, and all of us getting older. Since I come from a family known for its longevity, living well over 100, the scary part is not getting older, but what our health will do as we age.
Even the medical profession agrees that they do not practice an exact science – and that many treatments are prescribed in the hope that they will work, and if not, then something else is tried.
For this reason I find it strange that people are unhappy when having to wait for nutraceutical supplements to work, but readily accept the fact that some antibiotics and even cancer treatments are excused when not working properly.
This then brings us to age related problems and the way we treat them. As I have stated many times, your diet and lifestyle directly impacts on your health and general well-being, but certain hormonal changes are not of your doing.
Although women grudgingly accept the inevitable fact that they need to go
through menopause, many men are oblivious to the fact
that they themselves go through andropause –
male menopause. It may be due to the fact that the
male’s ego is so closely related to his
bed-sport performance and
hair-trigger response when all is not well in that department.
Here certain supplements – like
Vuka Nkuzi – can help both men and woman in that
Females should at this time of their life take stock of what they need, and a
range of herbal products can help them through the worst of the side effects.
They should also take the time to look at their bone
density, health of the mammary glands
and also their general health.
Supplementing with bio-available (and mercury free) Oysta-Cal
can help with bone density and osteoporosis, and has been a God-send to many of
our female clients. A regular monthly bust
self-examination must also be done and our
Breast-Aware is most useful when doing this
Visiting a specialist physician once-a-year is a good way of maintaining health,
with complete blood-work being done and any remedial
actions taken if necessary.
on the other hand – in the true spirit of ‘hunter-gatherers’
refuse to have their prostate gland checked – we
even make this a simple thing with our
home PSA test.
male specie also likes to ignore his
cholesterol levels and
overweight and hypertension are easy prey with
men, since they stubbornly refuse to accept the
fact that they are also advancing in years.
Ignoring these factors will not only come back and bite you in the butt, but can
result in shortening your life or
reducing your quality of life.
Apart from the medical and health implications in play when not looking after
your health, I find it extremely interesting that both men and women, that never
cared for the way they looked and aged, get to a certain age, where they ALL
become extremely aware of their
fading glow of youth.
this stage even the most ‘he-man’
testosterone driven heterosexual
male will reflect on the way he looks, and will
then only start looking at ways to
keep the signs of premature
aging at bay.
These people are then suckers for money-lusting cosmetic companies that offer
miracles in a jar – but instead of selling you a
product to fight the signs of aging, they
supply you with beautifully packaged
empty promises, since they are only interested in their
profit margin, and not in producing skin
care products that actually work.
When we look at our mental health as we age,
we not only need to keep things in perspective and maintain a
positive mental attitude, but certain
vitamins, like the common and humble
vitamin B3 can help to keep us on an even keel.
help us keep our equilibrium in today’s hurried and rushed life, a small thing
like taking a leisurely bath, boosted by some relaxing and rejuvenating
pure essential oils can help you relax,
recharge your batteries and be able to
face the rat-race with new vigor
People are duped into buying “all-inclusive”
multi-vitamin supplements that offer to contain “all
vitamins and minerals” but these supplements are so weak, that they will
only benefit malnutritioned and starving Ethiopians, and will not help you
When shopping around for anti-aging supplements
be very careful, and read the labels carefully. People make a great fanfare to
Resveratrol – a really great anti-aging
compound – and boldly state that their pill/capsule contains 100 mg – but
they fail to mention that it is only a 5 of 15% extract – which means you really
only ingest 5 or 10 mg of
On this note
Well, after my penny’s worth, my staff and I would like to say thanks to all our
readers, and their welcome comments, as well as our loyal clients that keep us
wish all Christians a blessed and merry Christmas season, and for our Jewish
clients a happy Chanuka and Fast of Tevet 10, our Muslim clients a good Al-Hijira
and Ashura and our Hindu brothers a good Dhan Teras, Diwali, Govardhan Puja and
Bhai Duj. For all other religions and beliefs – although I did not list your
days, we all hope you have a blessed time.
PS: And for everybody
that sent me horrible e-mails regarding me wishing everybody good wishes
from different religions - please note - I believe in God, and believe
that everybody has the right to choose his or her religion, and that
nobody can be prescriptive about other people's religion - it is a basic
freedom we enjoy - to believe what we wish to.
SO - if you are such a
religious person, please show some understanding and compassion to
everybody following their own religion....
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.