Firstly, cellulite is not a recognized medical term, and many medical people insist that there is no such condition.
However, for us that know cellulite exists, let us summarize cellulite as follows:
- Regular fat can be found anywhere on the body
- Cellulite however tends to settle on the
- Inner, upper and back of thighs
- Upper back
- Below the shoulders
- Inside and back of upper arms
- Lower back
- Hips and stomach
To see if you have cellulite on your body, press tissue between your thumb and finger, or between your two hands.
If it is "normal fat", it will appear smooth, with no ripples and no bumps - but if you have a corrugated look on your skin - or skin looking like orange peel - then you have cellulite.
A VERY MILD CASE OF CELLULITE
Cellulite tissue is also normally sensitive, whereas normal fat is not.
Just to massage any cream or lotion into your cellulite skin in not going to work, as simply to increase circulation is not going to do the trick.
There are various botanical extracts that will however assist in removing cellulite - and that would include grapefruit, rosemary, bitter orange and horsetail.
Other ingredients that will help include centella, butcher's broom, fucus (iodine containing marine algae), ivy and seaweed (mineral salts and iodine).
When our research team started to formulate a cellulite cream, the type of product as well as the ingredients were carefully considered.
As a base they started with all the general ingredients - including grapefruit, rosemary, bitter orange, horsetail, centella, butcher's broom, fucus, ivy and seaweed.
- These ingredients alone would however work far too slowly.
Although Ageless manufactures the HERBAL cellulite
product, our holding company - Sallamander Concepts - makes
a product called
Cellumend, and its active ingredient is not herbal, but a peptide called
As we said in the beginning - some medical people do not accept the term "cellulite" - although we know that it is truly a problem that some people, mostly women, suffer from.
Start off by using our Cellumend
to get rid of the cellulite you have and then attend to the following:
It would be a wonderful world if we could simply eat what we wanted to and it did not affect the way we look or feel - yet the reality of life is that your diet influences your looks, your figure and the way you age.
You may see TV advertisements that promise rapid weight loss, yet these systems in the long term do not work, nor are they healthy, and to lose excess weight will not get rid of your cellulite.
We have compiled some information on sensible dieting, and have put forward some ideas on how you can change your diet to help you lose weight, but more importantly how to assist with getting rid of cellulite. More...
We have found that many people that suffer from cellulite also have a problem with constipation.
It is normally a topic that few people discuss frankly but we have dedicated a separate page to this problem, as alleviating this problem can also contribute in preventing cellulite.
If the answer to banning cellulite was simply to exercise then few people would have this problem.
Exercise alone unfortunately does not eliminate the problem, but forms part of a holistic program to get rid of cellulite.
We have compiled some simple exercises which you may want to make part of your everyday life in order to prevent cellulite forming and getting rid of it if it is already resident on your body. More...
Shallow breathing causes our blood not to be aerated properly and also prevents the toxic gasses to be expelled from our bodies.
Just as our digestive system removes wastes from our body, so do the lungs get rid of gaseous waste matter, and if this part of our life is lacking, it will impact on our general health and wellbeing.
It may be strange to include relaxation as a topic to be looked at when fighting cellulite, yet a body that is in a constant state of tension and nervousness, cannot function properly, and we look at some simple ways to lessen the stress in your life.
We realize that women especially, with the responsibility of having a career outside the house, and being a good spouse and a super-mom can be taxing - and that is over-and-above the everyday fight for survival. More...
A relaxing body massage is beneficial to your entire system as it relaxes muscles, boosts the lymphatic system and enhances the immune system. It also helps to restore proper circulation, supplying nutrients to the cells and removing waste materials and toxins from the cells – and improves the state of the mind.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.