There are countless acne treatment programs on the market - ranging from prescribed drugs to weird folklore and alternative remedies - but we offer a very simple, yet effective herbal acne treatment plan.
To find a solution to the problem, a person should first try and find the root cause, instead of just treating the symptoms.
Harsh chemicals like benzoyl peroxide can burn your skin, leaving it red, swollen, flaky, feeling tight and uncomfortable. We looked at the problem and combined items to help you achieve a clear skin.
The products must be used every day as directed. People like products to work immediately - but unfortunately it does take the body and skin some time to heal itself.
Talking from experience - the writer understands perfectly well that people suffering from acne wants an immediate cure - as it really affects your self-confidence and you feel the whole time to hide your face.
Be careful of products promising to clear up your acne and pimples in 3 days or a week.
The skin can simply not regenerate itself in three days - so use the products every day and within a week or two you will notice the improvement of your skin.
Acne cures are a plenty, not only on the web, but all around us. Open any magazine and you see an acne cure on offer - promising to cure and heal even the most persistent acne.
This is unfortunately not always true, and while some acne cures will at worst do nothing, some may in actual fact cause damage to your skin.
Our acne treatment program has been put together to offer you the gentle, effective healing effect of herbs, without harsh burning chemicals, and no side effects.
Our acne treatment is based on herbs and active herbal compounds fighting acne, and while acne healing will not happen overnight - with regular use - these products will greatly assist in your fight against acne. Our acne help should be seen as an alternative acne treatment, and should not be used instead of your treatment prescribed by your medical practitioner.
Acne is typically found the face, upper shoulders, back and chest and although some people might think that acne is a small problem, it might just leave the acne sufferer with physical scars and a psychological knock, to carry along for the rest of his or her life.
Acne must be seen as a serious problem, which needs attention, and daily monitoring.
Acne is not just simple pimples, blackheads or zits, but can be large papules, pustules, carbuncles, cysts and nodules, forming "under" or on "top" of the skin, with or without pus.
Acne is a disorder where the pilosebaceous glands of the skin are infected. The sebaceous glands (oil glands) manufacture sebum - the natural lubricating oil of the skin.
Severe acne is clinically manifested by nodules and cysts, and while more men are affected in the 17 - 29 age group, more women are more affected in ages between 28 - 48.
One of the greatest problems is not just active acne, but also the acne scarring and cystic scar lesions afterwards.
Although great results are achieved with products such as Accutane (Roaccutane) and Retin-A, some people simply can not afford this treatment, while others might suffer from the side effects. If you have deep cystic acne please see a skin specialist as soon as possible.
For more on prescribed medical treatments please see below.
There are many ideas and theories, but the most generally accepted ideas on what contribute to acne is the following:
- hormonal changes
- heredity factors
No single item above can be given more importance in the fight against acne, and all these factors should be considered to achieve a holistic approach to fighting acne.
Hormone imbalances are greatly indicative as a trigger for acne, specially seen in the light that the onset of acne normally happens at puberty, where the hormonal balance in the body is altered.
Age plays a major role in acne, as can be seen from the list below, but it can also be seen that acne is not exclusively reserved as a teenage problem.
73 - 85% people between 12 - 24 years suffer from acne,
6 - 8% people between 25 - 34 years suffer from acne
2 - 4% people over 35 years of age.
People with a family history of acne should be more aware of the problem, and should endeavor to start looking at his problem before it develops into severe acne, causing scarring and skin lesions.
Diet alone will not help clear up acne, and ideas on the relationship between junk food and acne vary - whereas some people think that the trans-fatty acids in greasy foods promote acne skin, the wisest choice would be to follow a well balanced diet.
A balanced diet with enough fresh fruit and vegetables have always been a staple answer in the fight against acne, which to my mind is still pretty good advice. It might be a good idea to limit or cut out refined and oily foods, and increase your intake of water. Diet allergies appears to play a role in adult acne, but less so in teenage acne.
Mild sunbathes may help some flare-ups of acne, but should be done with great care, as the sun is aging. When using a sunscreen while suffering from acne, ensure that the lotion is non-greasy.
Most acne sufferers like to hide the acne under some form of "base" but be careful - rather do not cover up the acne, but moisturize the skin with a non-greasy moisturizing lotion.
Keep the use of make-up and heavy color base on acne to a minimum.
Some people hold the opinion that extra vitamins does nothing to help clear up the skin, but the writer's personal experience is that the skin will indeed benefit from taking vitamin supplementation while fighting acne.
Extra intake of vitamin A may be beneficial for conditions such as cystic acne as well as milder forms of acne break-outs.
However, please keep in mind that vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin and large overdoses can have a toxic effect on the skin.
We are however of the opinion that cod liver oil (which is normally available in gelatin capsules) is a good way to ingest both vitamin A and vitamin D.
Another vitamin that can be of great help is vitamin C (ascorbic acid) as it assists in healing as well as cell regeneration due to the fact that it is a required vitamin for the collagen in the skin to be formed. Vitamin C is also great as a general boost to the skin.
Although some people are of the opinion that stress itself may not activate acne, we have found that people under stress normally have worse acne than before they were placed in a stressful situation.
For instance - it is not strange to find that when people are about to start exams at school or college, that their skin condition deteriorate even further.
Prescribed medical treatments can include the following:
- A medicated facial wash and other topical treatments which contains high amounts of
- benzoyl peroxide
- salicylic acid
- azeleic acid
- topical antibiotics
- Oral medication such as
- Antibiotics taken orally
- erythromycin etc
- Hormone treatment
- and others
Our suggested "herbal acne treatment plan" is really a combination of the following products:
Proper cleansing of the skin is vital to prevent skin problems like blackheads, whiteheads etc, and a properly clean skin will also contribute to an already infected skin does not deteriorate any further.
With our herbal face wash we offer you a great way to effective clean your skin, without causing dryness, or over-cleaned the skin, while ensuring that you remove all dirt, grime, pollutants and excess sebum from your skin.
If you have an extremely oily skin you may experience that your skin surface retain even more dirt and grime - but the Ageless herbal face wash will effectively remove this.
When suffering with acne you need to help the skin fight infection and enable it to heal properly - without causing acne scarring.
Our Ageless herbal Healing Cream has proven over more than a decade that it can be of great help to sort out this problem.
It not only helps with clearing up the already infected skin, but also protecting the rest of your face from spreading this problem.
The Healing Cream has a non-greasy base and will not make the skin oily or greasy. It will however moisture and hydration to the skin.
It contains herbal extracts that will tackle the problem, and best of all - the Centella asiatica contained in this cream will help the skin not to form scars, or to lessen the scarring.
Scars are formed when there is an overproduction of cell at the "wound site" of which the skin does not get rid of as it should.
These keloids are then formed. These keloids will stay as a permanent reminder on your skin, of the problems experienced with acne - long after the fact.
If you have already formed acne scars - there is really no cream or lotion that will magically make it disappear. In most cases surgical intervention by a plastic surgeon would be required to remove the acne scarring.
Some scarring also reacts well to deep phenol peels, deep skin abrasions or laser therapy - but PLEASE ensure that this is done by a medical professional certified by your State or Government to perform plastic and cosmetic surgery. DO NOT have this done by your cosmetologist or beauty therapist.
Even when suffering with acne, the skin still needs to be properly moisturized - and as mentioned above - the Healing Cream will attend to this function without making the skin oily or greasy.
If your diet on the whole is a bit dodgy you may want to get yourself a good
multivitamin tablet or capsule
Should you however feel that your body needs a good healthy boost and that your system can do with a "cleansing" you could look at the Olive Leaf Extract capsules or Detox capsules.
No harsh chemicals
Will clean your skin properly and effectively
Help the skin to clear up
Provide moisture without oiliness
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.