Certain allergic reactions can cause irritated and puffy eyes, and for this reason we developed our Herbal Eye Gel to alleviate and help stop allergies that cause puffy eyes. At the same time it will help fight fine lines, wrinkles, crow's feet and what we so loving call "character lines".
There are several other reasons why the eyes could look puffy and we include the information below to help you fight this problem.
We must keep in mind that the skin around your eye area is the most fragile and thinnest in the entire body, and for this reason, it must be treated with the utmost care.
Our Ageless Eye Gelis the favorite treatment for a selection of problems in the area around the eyes, as it contains butcher's broom, centella, camomile, cornflower, green tea, horsetail, lady's mantle, ivy, organic vegetable protein from germinated wheat seeds and rosehip.
For allergy protection it is formulated to be hypo-allergenic and is perfectly pH balanced and made from the purest natural ingredients.
It helps to re-vitalize the connective tissue in this area and helps the production of new elastin and collagen for a smooth youthful looking skin around your eyes.
Its cooling and soothing action on the skin is most valuable when applying it to the skin around the eyes - especially when the eyes have had an allergic reaction to a specific allergen, or if you continuously have allergy prone eyes.
If you are very prone to allergies, it is the best to avoid all allergen triggers - although that is physically not possible, unless you want to live in a climate controlled little bubble.
People do find that taking 10 mg of loratadine daily is of great benefit to keep allergies under control.
It is a tricyclic antihistamine drug used to treat allergies and differs from other antihistamines due to the fact that it does not have a sedating effect. It is marketed under several names such as Claritin, Clarityne, Claritin-D, Claritine, Lorfast, Lomilan, Symphoral, Tidilor etc depending on the manufacturer.
Loratidine is also available as a generic pill and some manufacturers combine it with pseudoephedrine in countries where it is allowed.
Although it is a very effective antihistamine it does have potential side-effects of insomnia, nervousness, and anxiety and should be used with care in epileptic patients and people with liver problems.
In Britain and the United States it is the only drug of its class available to consumers without prescription and can be bought "over-the-counter" (OTC). If you are in any doubt about this medication please discuss it with your medical practitioner.
|The writer has suffered from allergies, rhinitis etc from birth and find that if he takes 10mg of loratadine every night, the symptoms are far less. To experiment with the effectiveness of loratadine he stopped taking it for some time, and found that the allergic symptoms re-appeared within a couple of days after stopping the drug.|
A supplement that can be of benefit to allergy patients is vitamin C - also known as ascorbic acid.
Paul Linus, although winning the Nobel prize, is still regarded with some disbelief by "modern medical practitioners" about his views on vitamin C and the ways in which vitamin C can benefit the body in a variety of ways.
Although we are not a medical site, we, like Paul Linus believe in the benefit of vitamin C - and especially when looking to fight allergies.
Several studies have shown that vitamin C increases serum levels of antibodies (that is the specialized proteins produced by the white blood cells (lymphocytes) that recognize and bind to foreign proteins or pathogens to neutralize them or mark them for destruction) which is of value in fighting allergies.
Prinz W, Bloch J, Gilich G, Mitchell G. A systematicstudy of the effect of vitamin C supplementation on the humoral immuneresponse in ascorbate-dependent mammals. I. The antibody response tosheep red blood cells (a T-dependent antigen) in guinea pigs. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1980;50(3):294-300.
Feigen GA, Smith BH, Dix CE, et al. Enhancement of antibody production and protection against systemic anaphylaxis by large oses of vitamin C. Res Commun Chem Pathol Pharmacol. 1982;38(2):313-333.
Apart from the symptomatic relief that vitamin C may have - it is also required by the skin to manufacture collagen - the foundation of the skin. If vitamin C is lacking in the body (and the body cannot manufacture its own vitamin C) then collagen cannot be formed, and over time will affect the firmness and tonality of your skin.
Some people believe that placing sliced figs or thin slices of cucumber on the eyes will help to soothe and calm irritated and puffy eyes or when your eyes have had an allergic reaction.
This should actually not be done, as a large percentage of people are allergic to cucumber as well as fig, when placed over the eyes, and will worsen the allergic reaction of the eyes.
Rather try the following refreshing treatment
- Treatment 1
- Take two medium size pieces of cotton wool (cotton wool eye pads) and soak them in rose water (an inexpensive product that you can buy at the pharmacy / chemist / drug store), then place the pads over your closed eyelids, while lying down.
- If doing this during the day, close your drapes/curtains. If doing this at night, switch off your lights.
- Doing this in the dark really gives you a relaxing break. Lie back and listen to relaxing music. Relax for at least 20 30 minutes or 10 minutes if you want to fit this into a tea break.
- Treatment 2
- Another soothing way to relieve the tiredness, is to take two teabags, place in a cup and pour boiling water over them.
- Remove the bags with a spoon after the tealeaves start giving off their color, and place them in a saucer.
- Cover the teabags with plastic kitchen wrap, to prevent them drying out, and place in your refrigerator to cool down.
- After they have cooled down, (but NOT icy cold - as that may cause damage to your eyes) remove from the fridge and place on your closed eyelids, and relax as described above.
When the tissues retain too much fluid, the eyes can also look puffy - and can mimic the way that "allergic eyes" would look like.
Should this be the case you will have to consider your general health and any other underlying medical conditions.
Diuretic pills, to remove excess water from your body, can be helpful, but some people do have unwanted side effects from them.
Vitamin C (again!) is a natural diuretic and an increase in this vitamin will not only assist in removing excess water from your body, but will also assist with collagen formation as discussed above.
If you are ingesting a lot of salt, either directly or indirectly, it could add to your problem with water retention.
Try and cut down on eating raw salt, and check food labels as well, as processed food can contain large amounts of salt check for "sodium" on the label.
Secondary smoke can irritate your eyes, turning them bloodshot and watery, and can also manifest by your eyes swelling up.
If it is another environmental trigger, try and remove or distance yourself as far as possible from the trigger, but should that not be possible, then look at some form of antihistamine to help you.
Perfumes, after-shaves and eau-de-colognes as well as highly fragranced facial creams, can also trigger an allergic response and even popular room freshening apparatus can cause a reaction.
Allergies seem to be more and more prevalent in modern society and may be due to our un-healthy, over-populated, over-stressed, over-preserved over-processed and unhealthy lifestyles.
The are many stressors and triggers around and the body can sometimes simply not cope with the large amount of allergens and gives up the fight, and respond with an allergic conditions.
But be this as it may your eye problem may be indicative of some allergen that you are either surrounded by, or are ingesting. You may not have a major medical reaction to an allergen, such as wheezing, coughing, sneezing or a closed chest - you could simple have a slightly stuffy nose most of the times.
Tests can be done to determine environmental or food allergies with a simple skin patch test, a blood test or more alternative types of testing, such as a muscle resistant test or a heart pulse test.
If you have any of these tests done, and they come up positive for any item that you could avoid as far as possible, go the extra mile and try to cut the
allergen out of your sphere of living be that either environmental or type of foodstuff.
Environmental allergies are sometimes difficult to fight if you suffer from a dust mite allergy for instance, you will have to ensure that your house is virtually dust proof, and that all drapes, mattresses, carpets and all other soft furnishings are treated with a mite and dust controlling solution, and that air conditioning filters are kept spotlessly clean.
If you are allergic to seasonal items, such as pollen, you could ask your medical practitioner for assistance during that time, with an allergy-fighting drug of some sort but be careful of medication containing cortisone as this ingredient may cause more problems than what it solves.
We have been selling our effective Ageless herbal Eye Gel for more than a decade and thousands of people attest to the excellent quality and effectiveness of this eye gel to soothe and calm the eyes while fighting premature aging.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own and granted it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally dont admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.