To exercise is like dieting - we all know that we need to do it - yet we all seem to have some excuse for not doing it. However, when fighting cellulite on all fronts, exercise should be considered as part of a holistic way to treat cellulite as the lungs are a major organ of getting rid of waste materials and toxins.
When you want to rid your body of cellulite, you need to have some form of physical exercise, but this does not mean that you need to join a gym and have a daily workout for hours.
If going to gym is a form of relaxation to you, it is great, but if you, like many people do not like going to the gym, then an alternative form of exercising should be looked at.
Not only do you need to work the muscles to keep their tone and elasticity, but also to help with adequate oxygen in your body. It should be a good workout for your heart, helping the lymphatic system and also to burn off excess fat. It also assists the digestive system, helping constipation etc, and it will also help you to de-stress and relax.
Exercising is great – but it must be done regularly. Bouts of exercising now and again may do more harm than good - so rather start slowly and keep it up – even if it is a very simple or short routine.
When starting for the first time it may be a good idea to work with an instructor, but if this is not possible, remember to start slowly and not to overdo it.
If you really have been a couch potato for some time, maybe start off by having a brisk daily walk for 20 - 30 minutes. The accent is on brisk - there is no benefit if you dawdle - you need to walk fast enough to get your heart rate up and the oxygen exchange going in your lungs.
Should you feel stiff the next day after your first walk, have a long hot bath - this will help to move the build-up of lactic acid in your muscles - and a firm massage on the affected muscles will also help to loosen them up. Nevertheless, - go out walking again today - otherwise you will receive no benefit from it.
These are a few simple exercises that you can look at, and add to.
Remember - you are trying to achieve a cellulite-free body - and although it may take time, perseverance will pay off.
These exercises are not aimed at the areas where the cellulite is found on your body, but forms part of the holistic way of getting rid of cellulite and also to prevent it.
If you have any health concerns or medical problems please do not do these exercises before consulting your health practitioner.
If you decide to start exercising remember to start off by first warming up.
A good warm-up exercise to do is to stand with your feet apart and hands on your hips and to rotate the top part of your body from the waist up, in a circle. This should be done 4 times in one direction, and then 4 times in the opposite direction.
Once again, stand with your feet apart and your hands together and raised to the maximum above your head. Slowly, without forcing your body, bend down and let your fingers touch your toes. Keeping your head and arms in this down position, bounce downwards from the waist and loosen the muscles.
This bouncing movement can be repeated a couple of times - then raise your hands above your head and repeat the exercise 5 times.
Sit flat on the floor with your hands slightly behind your buns, with your legs pulled towards your torso, your knees bent and feet together. Move your knees towards the floor on the left side of your body, and then towards the right.
Touch the floor 30 times on each side.
Lie flat on the floor on your right side, with your arms supporting your torso and slightly raising it from the floor. Now bring your left leg straight up and lower it slowly again.
Repeat this exercise 15 times and repeat the other side.
Stand on your hands and knees. Lift your left leg and straighten it out towards the back and in a fluid movement while bending your knee again, swing it in towards your chest and then out straight to the back again.
Repeat this movement 15 times. Change legs and exercise the right leg.
Lie flat on your back with your arms stretched out aside you at shoulder height. Move your feet towards your buns while bending your knees. Now lower your knees to the one side, and then move upwards and down to the other side.
Do these movements slowly and repeat 20 times.
Lie flat on your stomach with your hands supporting your chin. Raise your left leg as high as you can get it and keep it raised for a count of 5 and lower it SLOWLY. Change and repeat the movement with the other leg.
Repeat the exercise so that each leg is exercised 20 times.
Lie flat on your back with your knees slightly bent and the legs drawn up. Cross your arms over your torso and start doing sit-up exercises. Do NOT overstrain - rather do many repetitions of this exercise but DO NOT hurt the muscles - you feel them working and not hurting.
Lie flat on your back with your arms spread out at shoulder height and your feet together. Lift both legs together as high as possible.
If your stomach and back muscles have not been worked you will not be able to lift them much, but try to lift a little. When you have achieved the height you can lift, keep the position for the count of 5 and SLOWLY lower your legs - do not let them fall towards the floor.
Repeat 5 times, but the repetitions can be increased as you feel the muscles strengthening.
Should exercising at home not be for you, consider going to a gym, an aerobic dance class, yoga class or take up exercising in a pool. Swimming is still one of the best exercises, and a person is less likely to hurt any muscles when doing exercises in a pool.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.
Other articles of interest