Most inactive "cellulite treatments" require the cellulite lotion, cellulite cream or slimming balm to be massaged in, in order to be effective. When this is the case, it is more the massaging action which contributes to the cellulite loss, than the actual product achieving any cellulite removal.
Our Cellumend DOES NOT REQUIRE MASSAGE, but we have included this page on massage for the interest of our clients and visitors.
Full body massage is one of the alternative therapies that is becoming more and more accepted by normal Western medical practitioners.
We are a bit slow in our "modern" world, as the benefits of massage have been extolled in Chinese documents written at about 2,500 B.C. and it was also
practised in ancient Egypt and Greece.
Not only does manual massage help the body to perform better, but assists the lymphatic system to work properly, relieve muscle spasms, improve circulation, ease tension and also have a beneficial effect on the emotions and mental faculty.
It is one of the nicest ways to pamper yourself - get your sore stiff muscles sorted out and to relax from the hurly burly of our hurried and hasty lives. For more tips on relaxing - and its place in fighting cellulite - please click here.
On its own, massage will not remove cellulite, but is a great way to improve circulation, and with improved circulation excess fluid can move more easily out of the tissue, and proper cell functioning is improved. Massage also assists in temporarily reducing the skin dimpling appearance caused by cellulite.
Although it is difficult to massage yourself, and totally impossible in inaccessible places like your back, you are able to massage problematic areas such as your hips and thighs and we have included some MPEG video clips to show various massage techniques.
Although the MPEGs do not show the hip and thigh area, you will be able to get a good general idea of what is required. You can use any good vegetable oil as a massage medium - like almond, avocado or grape
Although some people use talc when massaging, we have found that most people prefer the use of oil as it provides far more "glide" while nourishing the skin at the same time.
When your schedule allows and you have some time, treat yourself to a good professional massage - not only is it a great boost for your body, but your mind will have a lift as well.
Massaging your own hips and thighs has a positive effect in two ways - not only do you help the circulation to the affected areas, but you can feel and see the full extent of your cellulite problem - and if nothing else - it will inspire you even more to regain your smooth body curves.
When you start to massage yourself, you could start with a "feathering" technique, since this will prepare your fingers and your muscles for the massage. (It is also nice to finish off the massage with this "feathering" technique.)
This can be followed with lymph drainage - but remember - always work towards your lymph nodes - which in your legs are located in your groin.
You should also include deep firm massage actions as well as "kneading and wringing" strokes, as well as "pummeling", but take care not to press too hard as you can bruise yourself or cause harm to capillaries.
Depending on how easily you get into the swing of things, bargain to spend 20 minutes or so a day on massage - it may sound like a long time, but remember, you are worth the time and the pampering.
To view the short MPEGs showing you some massage techniques, please visit our Esoteric Oil site.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.
Other articles of interest