It may be strange to find information on relaxation on a page dealing in removing and preventing cellulite - but when seen in context it is really not as strange as what it seems at first glance.
Although the human body is robust and has the ability to rejuvenate - it is also a frail system that needs to be looked at, and has a range of requirements that need to be met in order for it to function properly.
Should things get out of sync a variety of things can happen - and cellulite can be one of the symptoms of your body being under stress.
Stress is inherently good when present in quantities that spur us on to do better work, to perform better and to get on with life, but when the levels of stress and anxiety increase to a point where the body and psyche cannot cope, it starts to work against us, and becomes counter-productive.
To some extent, stress is dependant on the attitude we have towards life and how we live it - if you see an upset or problem as a challenge, you will be more likely to cope with it, whereas if you experience it as defeat or rejection you are in all probability suffering from stress to some degree.
To feel tired after a good day's work is natural and good, as this prepares us to enjoy our rest and sleep, but when too much stress and strain is placed on the body you may be constantly tired, fatigued, irritable, jumpy, lethargic, depressed, etc. (Do any of these symptoms sound kind of familiar?)
When you are over-tense and stressed, you stop breathing properly, and enough oxygen is not exchanged. Your lack of proper breathing will prevent carbon dioxide and other gaseous wastes to be removed properly, the digestive system starts having problems and constipation or diarrhea can result.
Sleep disorders start to interfere with our periods of rest, and we cannot sleep properly and when this happens the body cannot rest, repair and heal itself.
Tension and stress can have its origin from various things and situations:
- Coping at work
- Managing a household
- Extensive traveling
- Time management
- Problems in a relationship
- Balancing your budget
- Caring for loved ones
- Upsets in the family
- Pollution (including noise pollution)
- General dissatisfaction with life, etc
Since stress and worry interferes with the elimination of wastes in various ways and the optimum functioning of your body, you need to look for an antidote for it.
Simply to decide to be calm is not enough, and you will need to make a concerted effort to train yourself to relax and to cope better with stress.
Breathing goes a long way to help you relax, and for more information on this topic, please visit our page on breathing.
Having a massage is a great way to help relieve stress, and a therapeutic reflexology massage will help relax you, while also working on the reflective points in your feet to help overall health.
Taking a nice long warm bath, in quiet relaxing surroundings can also do a great deal to help you unwind. You can add some essential oils to help you relax and make your bathing experience an even better one.
Adding Epsom salts (about 2 cups) to a bath makes for a relaxing and refreshing (and detoxifying) bath and you should soak for at least 20 minutes in a bath prepared with these salts.
A good work-out session at the gym, exercising at home, an aerobic class, exercising in a pool, a game of squash or a brisk walk around the block will also take your mind off your daily worries and will help boost your general well-being.
Many people find that gardening is a soothing pastime, and if it works for you, then happily snip and weed.
To help relax your body you can try the following exercise:
- Lie flat on the floor with your legs straight, but not touching, and your arms next to you on the floor.
- Make sure that you can do this exercise uninterrupted for 30 minutes - even if it means to bar yourself into your bedroom.
- Close your eyes and imagine your body feeling very heavy and pressing down on the floor.
- Before going further - when doing this exercise you may find that your mind starts to wander and that you are not paying attention to the exercise. Do not get irritated or despondent - if you find your mind wandering, gently stop thinking about other matters and return to doing the exercise.
- With your body feeling heavy, start to visualize your toes, and consciously will and allow them to relax and to feel warm and relaxed. When doing this for the first time, it may take some time to achieve the effect, but with practice you will easily master it.
- After you have relaxed your toes move up and focus on your feet, then your ankles, calves, knees, thighs, pelvis, buttocks, stomach, back etc until you get to the shoulders where you will move to relax your arms, hands and fingers and then pay attention to relaxing all the muscles in the neck and especially where they enter the back of the head.
- When relaxing your head and scalp, also pay attention to your facial muscles - the forehead, cheeks and especially muscles at the jaw which we tend to clench whenever something goes wrong. Also make sure to relax the throat and neck muscles.
- After you have relaxed your entire body - which can take some time and a lot of practice, next visualize a clear bright blue-white light shining onto your body, and feel the rays of the light penetrate through your clothes, skin, muscles, bones and entering each and every cell in your body.
- When visualizing this light, feel the light cleansing your body to its core - each molecule - and feel the rejuvenating process taking place, giving your entire body a feeling of absolute peace, yet filled with vitality.
- When in this state, try not to think of anything - try and keep your mind blank - with no thoughts at all. This may sound easy, but it isn't.
- After a while start to "wake up" your body again by wiggling your toes and fingers and then start getting in touch with the rest of your body.
The above exercise may sound a bit 'alternative' to some people, but believe it, this exercise works and after doing it every day for a week, you will feel the difference, and those around you will also notice it.
Sleeping is nature's way of making us relax and recharge our batteries, but then our sleep must be deep, relaxed and peaceful.
Taking sleeping pills is not a healthy habit, and if you do suffer from insomnia, then you could look at some more natural ways to help you sleep.
A cup of camomile tea at bedtime can help calm you, or a glass of hot milk, high in tryptophan can also help with inducing sleep. Some people like to add honey or molasses to the hot milk and even take calcium supplements to help promote peaceful sleep.
If you are finding that you continuously have the need to sleep, it would be a good idea to have a general check-up with your health practitioner to ensure that nothing is amiss, and then also consider the possibility of being in a state of depression, since continuous sleeping is one of the symptoms of a clinically depressed person.
We hope that you have found this information page of use, and if you are looking for a product to get rid of cellulite read more about our Cellumend.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.
Other articles of interest