Our herbal Face Wash is a contradiction it is extremely mild and gentle, yet is a super effective cleanser that will remove all pollution, oil, grit and grime, as well as make-up (if used) from your skin without causing it to dry out or stripping the skin of its natural acid mantle protection.
There are few face washes that actually contain the amount of active ingredients that you will find in our Herbal Face Wash.
Although a face wash or cleanser is meant to rid the skin of all unwanted dirt, grime, pollution, make-up etc - it can at the same time do so much more to combat the ravages of every-day living, and at the same time promote a softer, wrinkle-free and younger-looking skin.
The unique formulation of the face wash will help to calm and soothe the skin. If any skin complaints or problems are present, it will also help sort them out, and also prevent any skin problems from starting.
A facial toner is not required, as the pH of the skin is not compromised with the facial wash, and no grimy residue is left - so there is no reason for using a toner - which again is a money-saving feature.
Our Face Wash has an unique and extraordinary formula, in which a blend of
various pure herbs and natural ingredients are combined to create this
To place these herbs in perspective, and the reason for their inclusion in our Face Wash, we have included a short summary of each ingredient used. For more information on each individual ingredient, please click the hyperlinked text.
Horse Chestnut Extract
This extract has a direct influence on improving the health of veins and capillaries in the skin, which in turn leads to proper circulation and maximum skin functioning.
It has a strengthening effect on the venous system, and prevents capillary fragility which could result in "leaking" and so cause edema (water retention) within the skin, which in turn leads to an uneven looking skin.
Apart from this, it inhibits collagenase and elastase in the skin and therefore leads to healthier collagen and supportive skin structure, that in turn results in a healthier younger looking skin, while at the same time fighting inflammatory conditions, which if left unchecked, could lead to premature aging.
- Alpha hydroxy acids - Natural Mixed Fruit Acids
- They help to minimize photo-damaged skin, which is a major contributing factor to ageing and can be a great boon to promoting younger looking skin, minimizing the effect of ageing.
- They rid the skin of unnecessary dead cells, and also have a moisturizing effect on the skin, by increasing the moisture content of the upper skin and so smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, as well as reducing dryness and combating flakiness.
- Long-term use of low concentration AHA's can also increase collagen and elastin synthesis, and also boost protein regeneration in the skin.
- Beta hydroxy acid - Salicylic acid
- This natural extract not only has anti-microbial properties but is also a great anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps to improve skin thickness, the skin barrier functions, collagen production as well as cell renewal.
- Some people have reported a side effect from using salicylic acid - but this has always proven to be from using a synthetic salicylic acid, and for that reason
we use natural salicylic acid, obtained from willow bark, which does NOT have this side effect.
- Salicylic acid, as apposed to alpha hydroxy acid, has the power to penetrate and clean out the inside of the pores, effectively reducing blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads, while at the same time removing dead cells.
- BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) - which is what Salicylic Acid is classed as - vary from Alpha Hydroxy Acids as it penetrates into the pores to work its magic - while AHA cannot. So where AHA can help cleanse the rest of the skin, the salicylic acid - being a Beta Hydroxy Acid - can help to clean within the pores.
- Although people see jojoba as oil, it is really a wax ester, and is non-oily or greasy and contains high levels of tocopherols, which have an antioxidant effect on the skin.
- Skin absorption studies at the University of Michigan demonstrated that jojoba is quickly absorbed into the skin, which is apparently via the transappendegeal mechanism and occurs through the pores and hair follicles. Because it is so rapidly absorbed, the pores and hair follicles remain open and thus maintain their proper functioning ability.
- It is an excellent moisturizer and softens the skin in a dual action firstly by forming a non-greasy lipid layer, which is partially occlusive (thereby preventing water-loss through the skin) and secondly by the diffusion of jojoba into the intercellular spaces of the stratum corneum to soften this tissue.
- apricot kernel
- Apricot kernel oil is a fine textured, smooth and lightweight carrier oil, which the skin easily absorbs, without leaving the skin feeling oily and it is high in poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
- Grape seed oil has a fine texture and is almost odorless, light in texture and is easily absorbed by the skin. It has mildly astringent qualities, which help to tighten and tone the skin, which makes it useful for all skin types and particularly for acne and other skin complaints.
- One of its main functions is in increasing circulation, but it is also known for centuries for its great wound healing properties.
- It stimulates the fibroblast and
collagen in the skin, yet prevents excessive proliferation of fibrous tissue in wound healing.
- Centella is particularly helpful in healing damaged and injured skin and maintaining healthy skin tone and elasticity.
- The triterpene components are principally responsible for fixing amino acids (alanine and proline) onto the
- It is mainly used for its antiseptic and anti-dandruff properties, but also has antibacterial, spasmolytic (relieving spasms) and local pain killing actions.
- It contains ursolic acid, which is not only antibacterial, but also active against lipid oxidation and inhibits elastase (elastase results in tissue degeneration, inflammatory processes as well as tissue degradation, such as psoriasis and eczemas).
- The rosmarinic acid and polyphenolic derivatives have good antioxidant properties, which are helpful in countering aging.
Silk amino acids
- Sweet almond oil is a noble oil with highly emollient properties. The unsaturated fatty acids contained enhance the regulation of the lipid phase of the cutaneous mantle.
- It is extremely well tolerated and is thus used in cosmetics for its moisturizing, lubricating, sebum-restorative and re-epithelizing properties.
- The un-saponifiable part of the product, comprising mainly of squalene, tocopherols and phytosterols (principally campesterol, stigmasterol and sitosterol types) provide the skin with highly nutritive substances.
- The topical application of sweet almond oil acts on the connective tissue of the skin and improves the tone and elasticity.
- This exotic ingredient has excellent water binding properties, which helps to prevent dehydration of the skin. On top of this, it also has good antioxidant qualities.
- Apart from the moisturizing, soothing and softening effect that it has, it contains polyunsaturated fatty acids (vitamin F) also known as essential fatty acids (EFA), and when they are absorbed through the skin, they convert to prostaglandins (PGE), which are involved in cellular membrane and tissue regeneration.
- Because of this, rosehip oil brings about skin regeneration, enhancing wound healing. It furthermore contains trans-retinoic acid, which is responsible for skin rejuvenation, quicker healing time and repairs skin subjected to excessive sunlight and the resultant photo aging.
- The linoleic and linolenic acids in rosehip help reduce pigmentation of the skin and when used regularly, rosehip has been shown to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Dampen face and neck. Place a small amount of Herbal Face Wash on tips of fingers and massage into entire face (including the eye and neck area) using small circular movements.
Rinse off with tepid water, and repeat if removing make-up.
Finish off by applying
Ageless Herbal Day or
Ageless Herbal Eye Gel can also be applied around the eye area.
- I never thought that a cleanser can make such a difference!!!! My face feels really clean after using it, and there is no stiffness or tenderness. I have always used cleansing cream, but though that with all your interesting herbs included in the wash that I will give it a try - and what a pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work.
- Being in my seventy's I really did not think that a face wash can help my sagging looks, but after washing with your wash, my skin looks more lively and healthy - and even my grandchildren are mad about using it.
Ordering herbal Face Wash
- Natural herbs and botanical extracts help clean your skin and promote skin health.
- Contains no strong chemicals and other ingredients that can burn or harm the skin.
- Removes all dirt, grime, pollution, make-up and excess oil from the skin.
- Has a soothing and calming action on the skin.
- Promotes a younger and fresher looking complexion.
- Helps to improve the color, texture and firmness of the skin.
- Easy-to-use and very economical.
- Money-back guarantee.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own and granted it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally dont admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.