Grape seed extract helps to protect cells from the damage caused by oxidation and free radicals and also promotes healthy circulation.
Various nutrients assist in fighting cancer,
but grape seed extract has been found to interfere with the development of
cancers, thereby blocking malignancies, plus it improved general health as well.
it furthermore stopped lung cancer cells from developing transplanted into
mice and also showed
skin cancer from developing and was successful in arresting human colon
carcinoma cells (colorectal cancer) as well as
oral cancer (oral
squamous cell carcinoma).
There are various other studies that have been done on the cancer protection
and cancer fighting properties of grape seed extract, making this an important
ingredient when fighting cancer with supportive supplementation.
It is beneficial in treating degenerative and deteriorating diseases because
of the potent antioxidant qualities it has.
Some expensive supplements, derived from pine bark, contain 85% proanthocyanidin while grapeseed extract contains 95% proanthocyanidin.
It helps increase the effectiveness of vitamin C by acting as a carrier and as a restorer of oxidized vitamin C by working with glutathione.
These nutrients belong to the flavonoid family. The action of this nutrient is to act as an antioxidant and
stabilize collagen and elastin
while boosting the fibroblast (where cells are formed) - both important proteins in connective tissues, as well as blood vessels,
muscles and the skin.
Apart from this, the oral intake of grape seed extract has also proven to
have sun protective qualities on
the skin, helping to protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation.
Although they are not essential nutrients to the body they do have a part to play in achieving optimum health.
These nutrients are water-soluble and free of side effects since excess is simply excreted in the urine. Another positive effect of these flavonoids in the body is the sparing of consumption of vitamin C.
PCO help with increasing intra cellular vitamin C levels, decreasing capillary permeability and fragility, scavenges oxidants and free radicals and uniquely binds to collagen in order to protect it from destruction.
These nutrients are also helpful as anti-inflammatory, antihistamines, and anti-allergens and are very effective free radical scavengers. They possess up to 50 times stronger antioxidant activity than those of vitamin C and E, Beta Carotene or Selenium.
They are great to promote tissue elasticity, healing injuries, reducing swelling, edema, as well as improving circulation.
With all of these properties it is clear to see that it is great for anti-aging and anti-disease treatment. Daily intake of these nutrients, as well as other antioxidants, will help with preventing premature aging, diseases and decay.
It has also been reported that it is helpful in fighting varicose veins as well as high blood pressure and diabetes. In certain individuals vision improved as well as general well-being.
In a study on guinea pigs, the oral intake of grapeseed extract showed to have a marked lightening effect on the skin where the skin had pigmentation induced by ultra violet rays - like those of the sun. In this study, a control was kept with some of the other guinea pigs being given vitamin C instead - but they did not show and reduced pigmentation - therefore - it can be concluded that it is not the antioxidant effect that resulted in the skin lightening, but was due to anther pathway.
Melasma is common in pregnant women, and those taking contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy (HRT). It is also prevalent in men and women of Native American descent (on the forearms) and in men and women of German/Russian Jewish descent (on the face). Melasma are dark, irregular patches often found on the upper cheek, nose, lips, upper lip, and forehead and normally develop over time and does not cause any other symptoms beyond this cosmetic discoloration.
In this one year study on 12 Japanese women it was shown that grape seed extract has a lightening effect on melasma and effectively reduced hyper-pigmentation and that final results were achieved after 6 months of intake.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.