This page contains information on immortelle / everlasting and how it is used as a herb in alternative herbal treatments to treat ailments and problems, such as anti-aging, skin care and regenerating cells.
Please note that we are not advocating that people stop using their normal medication, but would like to make people aware that some alternative therapies can be very effective to help treat problems and create a healthier, younger and more vital you. For more information on our range of products, please click here.
Although we believe in the therapeutic and healing properties of herbs, care must be taken in the use thereof, as they are powerful compounds.
Genus and specie
This is an evergreen shrub with aromatic leaves and small button-like flowers. There are about 500 different plants in this genus, and although H. italicum (H. angustifolia) (curry plant), as well as H. dioica (cat's ear) is more well known as H. arenarium, it is more often used in cosmetic applications.
The flowering heads are used and an essential oil is also extracted.
The therapeutic properties of Helichrysum in skincare are that of it being anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, and astringent. It promotes new cell growth and also has good antioxidant qualities.
Helichrysum oil has a strong straw-like, fruity smell, with a honey and tea undertone. The color can range from pale yellow to red. The viscosity is watery and its main constituents are neryl acetate, nerol, geraniol, pinene, and linalool.
The herb itself has choleretic and diuretic properties and is used for peptic discomfort, as well as to relieve water retention, while the curry plant (H. italicum) has good anti-inflammatory, antiviral and anti-allergic properties - useful in chest complaints.
The herb contains flavonoids, bitter tasting naringenin, narigenin-5-O-diglucoside, helichrysin A and B and glycosides of apigenin, luteolin, kaempferol and quercetin plus an unidentified antibacterial compound (named arenarin).
- Internal use
- It can be used for peptic discomfort, as well as to treat water retention.
- The curry plant is used for chest complaints, while cat's ear again is used to boost the liver.
- External use
- Folk medicine presents it as a great help for fighting the ravages of aging and the therapeutic property of stimulating new cell growth would underscore this, since it encourages the growth and regeneration of new skin cells.
- It has great regenerating qualities and can assist in the healing of scars, acne, dermatitis, stretch marks, boils and abscesses and is great for use on aging skin - especially is the skin is sagging a bit.
- Aromatherapy and essential oil use
- This specialist essential oil is useful in cases of phobias, after shock, as well as depression and is a powerful cell rejuvenating, regenerating and tissue rebuilding oil.
- It energizes the body, boosts the immune system and help with allergies.
- It is one of the best oils to use on the skin if rejuvenating and regenerating is required and is a great boon to help heal scars, acne and other skin problems.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.