Although mud is not an herbal compound, we have included it in our index, as it is often used in herbal and alternative beauty treatments, and is also an ancient ingredient.
Please note that we are not advocating that people stop using their normal medication, but would like to make people aware that some alternative therapies can be very effective to help treat problems and create a healthier, younger and more vital you. For more information on our range of products, please click here.
Although we believe in the therapeutic and healing properties of herbs, care must be taken in the use thereof, as they are powerful compounds.
The mud settled after long periods of time, in sediments near thermal springs or at the bottom of the sea, is essentially composed of clay and small quantities of some other compounds. These compounds make up different mud’s characteristics, such as color, odor and other special properties, depending on its place of origin.
Mud is formed because of the erosion of several rocks, especially feldspar and mica. Once transformed into powdered materials, they are easily carried away by water flows and deposited in sediments at riversides or at the bottom of seas and lakes.
Although the composition and morphology of these muds are very different, they have the following common characteristics:
Their main content is Al, Fe and Mg hydrated silicates, crystalline and amorphous, which includes nacrite of thermal formation, up to montmorillonite, as well as stable kaolinite. The differences between such silicates is due to their properties, crystalline network and capacity to replace the elements.
The size and distribution of the particles, which reach the colloidal magnitude and have a plain of flattened shape, give them their characteristic “greasiness”.
Their contents of very fine quartz sand, feldspar, mica, powdered opal, fossils fragments and high-density minerals, such as sulfates and carbonates, give them a certain abrasive quality.
The four main properties of mud are as follows:
- Absorbing power
- Mud has a very high absorption capacity, due to its colloidal size particles, which have an enormous furgace. So, it has good qualities as an antitoxic and decongestive.
- Cicatrizing action
- Due to its high aluminum silicate contents, it cicatrizes wounds, eczemas and other disturbances of the skin very quickly. This translates into less scaring and marks.
- Stimulating capacity
- Mud absorbs several types of radiation (solar, magnetism, radioactivity, etc). It may be released again, but at a lower frequency, resulting in a very concrete potential of organic stimulation, which influences the body vigor and metabolism, thereby invigorating the cells reconstruction and accelerating all the organic processes.
- Antimicrobial effect
- Its highly powerful absorption effect inactivates the microorganism action and such action seems to be strengthened by a natural antibiotic capacity of mud.
Although there are a wide variety of muds, three defined types have very specific properties.
- Thermal alluvium, with oligoelements, is collected in sediments near thermal springs, at a depth of about three meters, and it is dried naturally by sun. After drying, the more granulated hard particles are eliminated, being then sterilized by means of gamma radiation. Apart from the elements Si, Al, Mg and Fe, which appear in great quantities, traces of Cu, Mn and Se are also detected.
- Thermal alluvium, with sulfur, is collected in sediments close to sulfurous thermal springs, and is subjected to the same process above and contains approximately 7 % elemental sulfur.
- Alluvium from sea bottom, with organic iodine, is collected from Mediterranean Sea sediments, which contains about 0.3 % organic iodine.
- Internal use
- External use
- Cosmetic properties
- The muds have common applications, but also have very specific actions.
- They are all a natural biocatalyst, especially of the connective tissue, because of their high contents of silicon, which is an indispensable element for the correct composition of the collagen fiber.
- In this, the oligoelements are of particular importance. Because of the mud's great absorbing power, they are very useful in treating greasy, acne-prone, problematic and impure skins.
- They also have a clear action over tumors, ulcers, eczema, burnings and other dermatological troubles and help with healing and bringing about an improvement, while lowering the risk of scar formation.
- By applying mud to the skin, an occlusive system is formed, thereby increasing the skin's temperature and heightening and improving the microcirculation in the connective tissue, as well as obtaining a certain degree of hydration.
- The organic silicon present in the mud is a basic compound which neutralizes free radicals and retards the oxidative process of the cells. Oxidation of the cell and free radical damage are one of the main reasons for skin aging.
- Due to the fact that it is rich in so many different compounds, it has a protecting effect, while at the same time stimulating the formation of collagen fibers and mucopolysaccharides in the fibroblasts – thereby regenerating the skin tissue.
- On the other hand, mud containing sulfur has a better effect on greasy and acne skins, and also positively influences ulcers, eczema and wounds.
- Mud containing organic iodine is excellent for the treatment of corporal lipo and hydro dystrophies.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.