Parsley (rock selinon)
This page contains information on parsley and how it is used as a herb in alternative herbal treatments to treat ailments and problems. It is used to cleanse the blood, prevent kidney stones and for prostate problems.
Please note that we are not advocating that people stop using their normal medication, but would like to make people aware that some alternative therapies can be very effective to help treat problems and create a healthier, younger and more vital you. For more information on our range of products, please click here.
Although we believe in the therapeutic and healing properties of herbs, care must be taken in the use thereof, as they are powerful compounds.
Genus and specie
Petroselinum sativum, P. hortense, Apium petroselinum, Carum petroselinums, Petroselini herba, radix and rock selinon.
Parsley is a short-lived perennial with bright green leaves. Tiny, yellow-green flowers are produced, followed by small ribbed, oval seeds.
Leaves, roots, seeds and oil are used.
Parsley is a bitter, aromatic, and diuretic herb that relaxes spasms, reduces inflammation and clears
toxins. It is also said to inhibit tumor-cell growth and stimulates the digestion and uterus.
It contains flavonoids (including apiin), traces of furanocoumarins (bergapten, oxypeucedanin, psoralen). The essential
oil contains phenylpropanoids apiol, myristicin and allyltetramethoxybenzol.
- Internal use
- This bitter aromatic herb is used to relaxes spasms, reduce inflammation and helps to clear toxins from the body.
- It is said to inhibit tumor-cell growth while stimulating the digestion and the uterus.
- Parsley is also used internally for menstrual complaints and edema.
- It is also used for ailments of the lower urinary tract and to prevent renal (kidney) gravel (stones).
- Furthermore, it can be used in flatulent dyspepsia, dysuria, rheumatic conditions, cystitis, prostate problems, indigestion, colic, anorexia, anemia and arthritis (roots and seeds). It is also used after childbirth for promoting lactation and contracting the uterus (roots and seeds).
- External use
- The leaves have some itch relieving properties if applied externally.
- Aromatherapy and essential oil use
- This oil made from parsley seed is helpful for water retention, stimulating the kidneys as well as helping with menopausal problems.
- It helps to cleanse the blood and boosts circulation and eases muscle spasms.
- On the skin, it helps clear bruises, is a tonic to the scalp and is said to help with head lice.
Occasional allergic reactions on the skin and mucus membranes may appear from the systemic use of therapeutic quantities of parsley.
Excessive use or very large quantities, especially the seed and seed oil, can cause abortion, liver and kidney damage, nerve inflammation, and gastrointestinal hemorrhage.
Large amounts are not to be used during pregnancy and kidney disease (specifically the seeds and oil).
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.