The first method of treating people in years gone by, before modern medicine with its capsules and pills, was that healers would make a herbal tea for all types of ailments, and this practice and use has not diminished in modern times, but has actually grown in popularity.
It is made from leaves, flowers and other botanical material.
Put 1-2 teaspoons of dried herbal material into a pot per cup and add add boiling water. Allow to steep for 3-5 minutes. For a more therapeutic effect steep for 15-30 minutes.
We do not sell herbal teas nor loose herbs, but included these pages for information purposes only.
It is made by using 2.5 oz (60 g) of fresh herbs or 1.25 oz (30 g) of dried herbal material and simmering it in 18 fl oz (500 ml) of water for at least 20 minutes. Bark and root are very suitable types of material to use when making a decoction.
The decoction must be used the same day it is made and excess should be discarded.
Natural growing herbs differ from synthetic compounds, as the natural herb contains many ingredients and compounds that work together and in most cases produce a synergistic effect.
A good example is Meadowsweet, which contains salicylates, which is like aspirin, but at the same time contains other healing compounds that would, in this example, help to buffer and protect the mucous membranes from the corrosive effect of the salicylates – something that you do not get with synthetically produced compounds.
With this in mind it makes perfect sense to rather use natural materials, since they are more "whole" - treating the problem and preventing unwanted side effects - as in the salicylate example cited.
The compounds in herbs are powerful, and because of this, herbs must be taken and used in formulations in moderation, as excess, just like the pure extract of the active component, can have a hazardous effect.
Just because it is natural does not mean that it is always safe – and due care must be taken.
When looking at using herbs, keep in mind that the entire plant cannot always be used. This varies from plant to plant, where some types allow the entire plant to be used, and other types, only selected parts, such as leaves or flowers, can be used.
A point in case is Elderflower – the flower has some wonderful therapeutic properties for internal use such as relieving mucus etc., yet the leaves and raw berries can be poisonous when taken internally. The leaves can however be used externally for burns and the ripe berries are used in juices and sauces.
We have listed some ailments and their suggested herbsto use.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.