Psoriasis is a huge problem and while we do not claim to heal or cure psoriasis, we have found that some of our clients affected by psoriasis have obtained a level of relief by using some of our products.
Although we cannot cure psoriases, and to make such a claim would be irresponsible of us, we added this page to our web site, as some clients have reported relief brought by some of our products.
On this psoriases page
This is an unsolicited e-mail we received from J. S. in Austin, Texas, after using some of our products:
The best present in years was to receive your parcel with your herbal products 3 days ago.
(The client ordered Healing Cream, to apply to the psoriasis, Herbal
Shampoo with Rosemary, Tea Tree Oil etc, to add to his bath water (yes, his bath water), and Pure Jojoba Oil to rub on the rough psoriases)
You can tell everybody with confidence that your Ageless Herbal Healing Cream is an "invisible mender" as well.
My condition was so bad that my doctor did not want to continue with the PUVA light treatment. He then placed me on
Deltasone tablet to decrease the inflammation and swelling. It improved slowly but did nothing for the skin or the itching. The ointment prescribed for the itching just made it worse.
Then I received your parcel - 3 days and I have a 3,000% improvement / relief. It is just fantastic. Do you know that there are 8,000,000 in North America suffering badly from this dreadful disease? If all of them can only experience your "magic" product and use it on their skin, you and them will be equally satisfied.
I have spent thousands of dollars on medical bills and other products - but nothing has helped my skin problem like the stuff I got from you.
At the end of this week, I will be seeing my doctor, and I know he will not believe his eyes.
My next order is already placed - if there is anything I can do for you, or your product, please let me know.
We do not claim that our products can cure or heal psoriasis, yet we have a lot of clients that find our products give them some level of relief.
In discussion with these clients it is apparent that medical science has not evolved to the point of having a cure for psoriasis, and until then, many of such suffers turn to alternative remedies, including some of our products to keep their condition at an acceptable level.
Psoriasis is a recurrent disorder in which patches of the skin becomes covered in dry silvery scales, which have new blood vessels to nourish the new cells, but which gives the typical reddening of the skin. These patches are formed by the abnormal growth of new skin cells.
Normal skin is constantly renewed with new skin cells forming, and the old ones sloughing off – but in the case of psoriasis, the skin cells are replaced at such a accelerated pace that they do not follow the normal transition from the dermis to the outer part of the skin, and form the characteristic silver scales.
It is thought to be an autoimmune disease with perhaps an inherited predisposition and affects about two (2) percent of the population, although marked regional differences are found. The disease is mostly present in young adults to late middle age.
The psoriasis scales are normally found on the hands and feet (near the nails) scalp, behind the ears, back of the neck, between the shoulders as well as on the knees and elbows. The eyebrows, navel, underarm and genital-anal area may also be affected.
Normal dermal psoriasis can develop into a far more serious problem – psoriatic arthritis, in which the joints are affected in much the same way as rheumatoid arthritis.
Localized psoriasis can also be varied and be “exfoliative psoriasis” where the entire body is covered with the patches, as well as “pustular psoriasis” where the areas also form blisters – normally in the palms and on the soles of the feet.
The disease is not medically serious and seldom life threatening, yet cause the sufferers unknown discomfort – both physically and mentally.
The patches itch constantly, causing great distress to the affected person, with very few lotions or creams giving relief from this constant and nagging itching. Both men and women affected by this disease have a problem with what they look like, as these silvery patches are aesthetically not pleasing and people tend to hide their affected body parts, or develop anti-social behavior.
The cause of the disease is not known and the scaly patches can disappear for some time, only to come back in a couple of weeks, months or years, in full vengeance. These recurrences can be triggered by a variety of factors – from sunburn, medication, diet, hormonal imbalances, stress or injury. Alcohol is another trigger for psoriasis.
Medical treatment of psoriasis normally includes cortisone-based lotions and in very severe cases the use of photo-chemotherapy (PUVA) in which the skin is exposed to ultraviolet A light rays while psoralen is taken orally to enhance the healing effect of the light.
In some cases anticancer drugs, such as methotrexate are also used to slow the growth of the new cells and acne medication can be used to treat pustular psoriasis.
Naturopathic treatment of psoriasis looks at the diet, the liver and the metabolism of fat and proteins. To help alleviate this problem you can look at replacing refined sugars and carbohydrates with a more raw diet, that is high in essential fatty acids.
Flax seed oil, salmon, herring and mackerel can be looked at to increase your intake of omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid and eicosapentanoic acid (from the fish), which is used in the body like alpha linolenic acid. Red meat should be cut from the diet and can be replaced with tofu, nuts (except peanuts, walnuts and hazelnuts) and beans to supply protein. While yellow vegetables like carrots, pumpkin and yams will supply the body with much needed vitamin A, all spices derived from flowers (such as aniseed, cumin, pepper, cloves, cinnamon, paprika etc.) should be avoided.
Except for the essential fatty acids discussed above, lecithin and evening primrose oil can also be added to the diet, as well as vitamin B and C. Folic acid, digestive enzymes, selenium, zinc and vitamin E can also be useful in helping to treat psoriasis.
Milk thistle herbal tea can help to give your liver a helping hand, as the health of the skin is coupled to the health of the liver.
Fresh yarrow juice can be rubbed on the affected areas, and a few drops of yarrow essential oil in the bath can also be beneficial.
Warm compresses to the affected areas containing lemon juice or liquid whey can help to soften the hardened scales.
Having a rising-temperature bath with coarse sea salt and an infusion of horsetail and marshmallow three times a week can also be of use.
Excessive stress and try to put time aside to do mentally relaxing exercises such as yoga or simply spend some time meditating.
Excessive sunlight as it can worsen the situation or bring about a recurrence. Mild sunbathing is beneficial and it is best to expose the skin for 5 – 10 minutes in the early morning.
Of skin irritants such as any item containing turpentine, which would include floor waxes, paints etc.
To have a look at our Herbal Healing Cream that is found very useful by people suffering from psoriasis, please click here.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.