We do not sell make-up but since so many people make use of this beauty aid, we included this short article on lipstick tips, specially written for us by Elke Von Freudenberg.
on this page
Why doesn't lipstick look the same when applied as it does in the tube? It's usually not the color that you saw in the tube that looks bad (otherwise, you wouldn't have bought it!), but the underlying or undertone color in the lipstick that shows it's true colors after you've applied it.
How can you tell what your undertone color is? Run a tester lipstick onto a piece of white paper (we do this for photo shoots all the time to find the right color, because on film, those undertones can look off), and look, what color do you see besides? It's easier to see on white paper, harder to see on skin tone until it's too late. What are you looking for? For theory's sake, let's take your favorite brown toned lipstick. Your basic lipstick undertones that you might see would be:
- Red - pink
- Makes the color seem warmer, but harder and deeper as well. Can also bring out all the red tones in your skin as well so be careful!
- Yellow - orange
- Makes the color warmer, and softer. Looks great on warm skin tones, but if you're really pale, can bring out the green/blue undertones in your skin. To be on the safe side, go towards the yellow side, rather than the range. Too much orange can make skin look gray and sluggish.
- Green - blue
- A way to make a lipstick more dramatic - deeper. Try to stay clear of these if possible, they can make you look like you're STILL standing under fluorescent lighting.
- Silver - gray
- Adds shimmer, softness, depth, Easy to spot in those light shimmer lipsticks that are so popular now. Adds light and softness to the lipstick, just make sure that it's not too much on the blue/gray side. Can make those under eye circles stand out.
- Huh? Green? Yep, sometimes. The trendy colors have them, and it's usually paired with a yellow tone as well. You'll look cool and hip, but you'll also feel as if you need more color on your face. (Hint: that's why the big blush trend is also prevalent.......just check out the lip color!)
Whatever skin color you have that you don't like (like blue or gray under eye circles, redness, pink, etc....), try not to copy in your lipstick color or undertone as well. It's like wearing a red dress with sunburn. It just makes the problem appear worse than it is.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.