- Dietary feeding of grape seed extract prevents intestinal tumorigenesis in APCmin/+ mice., Velmurugan B, Singh RP, Kaul N, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Neoplasia. 2010 Jan;12(1):95-102.
- Anticancer and cancer chemopreventive potential of grape seed extract and other grape-based products., Kaur M, Agarwal C, Agarwal R., J Nutr. 2009 Sep;139(9):1806S-12S.
- Gallic acid, an active constituent of grape seed extract, exhibits anti-proliferative, pro-apoptotic and anti-tumorigenic effects against prostate carcinoma xenograft growth in nude mice., Kaur M, Velmurugan B, Rajamanickam S, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Pharm Res. 2009 Sep;26(9):2133-40.
- Differential effects of several phytochemicals and their derivatives on murine keratinocytes in vitro and in vivo: implications for skin cancer prevention., Kowalczyk MC, Walaszek Z, Kowalczyk P, Kinjo T, Hanausek M, Slaga TJ., Carcinogenesis. 2009 Jun;30(6):1008-15.
- Grape seed extract protects IEC-6 cells from chemotherapy-induced cytotoxicity and improves parameters of small intestinal mucositis in rats with experimentally-induced mucositis., Cheah KY, Howarth GS, Yazbeck R, Wright TH, Whitford EJ, Payne C, Butler RN, Bastian SE., Cancer Biol Ther. 2009 Feb;8(4):382-90.
- Grape seed proanthocyanidins inhibit the growth of human non-small cell lung cancer xenografts by targeting insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3, tumor cell proliferation, and angiogenic factors., Akhtar S, Meeran SM, Katiyar N, Katiyar SK., Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Feb 1;15(3):821-31.
- Dietary grape seed proanthocyanidins inhibit 12-O-tetradecanoyl phorbol-13-acetate-caused skin tumor promotion in 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene-initiated mouse skin, which is associated with the inhibition of inflammatory responses., Meeran SM, Vaid M, Punathil T, Katiyar SK., Carcinogenesis. 2009 Mar;30(3):520-8.
- Grape seed extract inhibits angiogenesis via suppression of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling pathway., Wen W, Lu J, Zhang K, Chen S., Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2008 Dec;1(7):554-61.
- Grape seed extract inhibits VEGF expression via reducing HIF-1alpha protein expression., Lu J, Zhang K, Chen S, Wen W., Carcinogenesis. 2009 Apr;30(4):636-44.
- Induction of apoptosis in human leukemia cells by grape seed extract occurs via activation of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase., Gao N, Budhraja A, Cheng S, Yao H, Zhang Z, Shi X., Clin Cancer Res. 2009 Jan 1;15(1):140-9.
- Grape seed extract induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human colon carcinoma cells., Kaur M, Mandair R, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Nutr Cancer. 2008;60 Suppl 1:2-11.
- Cranberry and Grape Seed Extracts Inhibit the Proliferative Phenotype of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinomas., Chatelain K, Phippen S, McCabe J, Teeters CA, O'Malley S, Kingsley K., Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2008 Jul 23.
- Multi-targeted prevention and therapy of cancer by proanthocyanidins., Nandakumar V, Singh T, Katiyar SK., Cancer Lett. 2008 Oct 8;269(2):378-87.
- Chemopreventive effects of oral gallic acid feeding on tumor growth and progression in TRAMP mice., Raina K, Rajamanickam S, Deep G, Singh M, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Mol Cancer Ther. 2008 May;7(5):1258-67.
- Grape seed proanthocyanidines and skin cancer prevention: inhibition of oxidative stress and protection of immune system., Katiyar SK., Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008 Jun;52 Suppl 1:S71-6.
- Natural health products that inhibit angiogenesis: a potential source for investigational new agents to treat cancer-Part 2., Sagar SM, Yance D, Wong RK., Curr Oncol. 2006 Jun;13(3):99-107.
- Natural health products that inhibit angiogenesis: a potential source for investigational new agents to treat cancer-Part 1., Sagar SM, Yance D, Wong RK., Curr Oncol. 2006 Feb;13(1):14-26.
- Oral grape seed extract inhibits prostate tumor growth and progression in TRAMP mice., Raina K, Singh RP, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Cancer Res. 2007 Jun 15;67(12):5976-82.
- Fractionation of high molecular weight tannins in grape seed extract and identification of procyanidin B2-3,3'-di-O-gallate as a major active constituent causing growth inhibition and apoptotic death of DU145 human prostate carcinoma cells., Agarwal C, Veluri R, Kaur M, Chou SC, Thompson JA, Agarwal R., Carcinogenesis. 2007 Jul;28(7):1478-84.
- Gallic acid causes inactivating phosphorylation of cdc25A/cdc25C-cdc2 via ATM-Chk2 activation, leading to cell cycle arrest, and induces apoptosis in human prostate carcinoma DU145 cells., Agarwal C, Tyagi A, Agarwal R., Mol Cancer Ther. 2006 Dec;5(12):3294-302.
- Grape seed extract inhibits in vitro and in vivo growth of human colorectal carcinoma cells., Kaur M, Singh RP, Gu M, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Clin Cancer Res. 2006 Oct 15;12(20 Pt 1):6194-202.
- Mechanisms of action of novel agents for prostate cancer chemoprevention., Singh RP, Agarwal R., Endocr Relat Cancer. 2006 Sep;13(3):751-78.
- Grape seed extract is an aromatase inhibitor and a suppressor of aromatase expression., Kijima I, Phung S, Hur G, Kwok SL, Chen S., Cancer Res. 2006 Jun 1;66(11):5960-7.
- Grape seed extract induces anoikis and caspase-mediated apoptosis in human prostate carcinoma LNCaP cells: possible role of ataxia telangiectasia mutated-p53 activation., Kaur M, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Mol Cancer Ther. 2006 May;5(5):1265-74.
- Grape seed proanthocyanidin extract induced mitochondria-associated apoptosis in human acute myeloid leukaemia 14.3D10 cells., Hu H, Qin YM., Chin Med J (Engl). 2006 Mar 5;119(5):417-21.
- Fractionation of grape seed extract and identification of gallic acid as one of the major active constituents causing growth inhibition and apoptotic death of DU145 human prostate carcinoma cells., Veluri R, Singh RP, Liu Z, Thompson JA, Agarwal R, Agarwal C., Carcinogenesis. 2006 Jul;27(7):1445-53.
- New nutrition, proteomics, and how both can enhance studies in cancer prevention and therapy., Kim H., J Nutr. 2005 Nov;135(11):2715-8.
- Chemoprevention by grape seed extract and genistein in carcinogen-induced mammary cancer in rats is diet dependent., Kim H, Hall P, Smith M, Kirk M, Prasain JK, Barnes S, Grubbs C., J Nutr. 2004 Dec;134(12 Suppl):3445S-3452S.
- Grape seed extract induces apoptotic death of human prostate carcinoma DU145 cells via caspases activation accompanied by dissipation of mitochondrial membrane potential and cytochrome c release., Agarwal C, Singh RP, Agarwal R., Carcinogenesis. 2002 Nov;23(11):1869-76.
- Y. Rong, et al., "Pycnogenol Protects Vascular Endothelial Cells from t-butyl Hydroperoxide Induced Oxidant Injury," Biotechnol Ther, 5(3-4), 1994 - 1995, p. 117 - 26.
- Yamakoshi J, Otsuka F, Sano A, Tokutake S, Saito M, Kikuchi M, Kubota Y., Lightening effect on ultraviolet-induced pigmentation of guinea pig skin by oral administration of a proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds., Pigment Cell Res. 2003 Dec;16(6):629-38
- Yamakoshi J, Sano A, Tokutake S, Saito M, Kikuchi M, Kubota Y, Kawachi Y, Otsuka F., Oral intake of proanthocyanidin-rich extract from grape seeds improves chloasma., Phytother Res. 2004 Nov;18(11):895-9.
- Ivanov V, Ivanova S, Roomi MW, Kalinovsky T, Niedzwiecki A, Rath M., Extracellular matrix-mediated control of aortic smooth muscle cell growth and migration by a combination of ascorbic acid, lysine, proline, and catechins., J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2007 Nov;50(5):541-7.
- Lacroix S, Bouez C, Vidal S, Cenizo V, Reymermier C, Justin V, Vicanová J, Damour O., Supplementation with a complex of active nutrients improved dermal and epidermal characteristics in skin equivalents generated from fibroblasts from young or aged donors., Biogerontology. 2007 Apr;8(2):97-109.
- Vicanova J, Bouez C, Lacroix S, Lindmark L, Damour O., Epidermal and dermal characteristics in skin equivalent after systemic and topical application of skin care ingredients., Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006 May;1067:337-42.
- Katiyar SK., Matrix metalloproteinases in cancer metastasis: molecular targets for prostate cancer prevention by green tea polyphenols and grape seed proanthocyanidins., Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2006 Mar;6(1):17-24.
- Maffei Facino R, Carini M, Aldini G, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P, Morelli R., Free radicals scavenging action and anti-enzyme activities of procyanidines from Vitis vinifera. A mechanism for their capillary protective action., Arzneimittelforschung. 1994 May;44(5):592-601.
- Corbé C, Boissin JP, Siou A., [Light vision and chorioretinal circulation. Study of the effect of procyanidolic oligomers (Endotelon)], J Fr Ophtalmol. 1988;11(5):453-60. [French]
- Carini M, Aldini G, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P, Maffei Facino R., UVB-induced hemolysis of rat erythrocytes: protective effect of procyanidins from grape seeds., Life Sci. 2000 Sep 1;67(15):1799-814.
- Carini M, Maffei Facino R, Aldini G, Callonii MT, Bombardelli E, Morazzoni P., The protection of polyunsaturated fatty acids in micellar systems against UVB-induced photo-oxidation by procyanidins from Vitis vinifera L., and the protective synergy with vitamin E., Int J Cosmet Sci. 1998 Aug;20(4):203-15.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.