Herewith the references used when compiling the information page on selenium.
- The safety and efficacy of a silymarin and selenium combination in men after radical prostatectomy - a six month placebo-controlled double-blind clinical trial. Vidlar A, Vostalova J, Ulrichova J, Student V, Krajicek M, Vrbkova J, Simanek V. Biomed Pap Med Fac Univ Palacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 2010 Sep;154(3):239-44.
- Selenium and Vitamin E for Prostate Cancer: Post-SELECT Status. Ledesma MC, Jung-Hynes B, Schmit TL, Kumar R, Mukhtar H, Ahmad N. Mol Med. 2010 Sep 21.
- The role of selenoproteins in cancer. Almondes KG, Leal GV, Cozzolino SM, Philippi ST, Rondó PH. Rev Assoc Med Bras. 2010 Jul-Aug;56(4):484-8.
- A whole-genome SNP association study of NCI60 cell line panel indicates a role of Ca2+ signaling in selenium resistance. Savas S, Briollais L, Ibrahim-zada I, Jarjanazi H, Choi YH, Musquera M, Fleshner N, Venkateswaran V, Ozcelik H. PLoS One. 2010 Sep 7;5(9):e12601.
- Selenoproteins are essential for proper keratinocyte function and skin development. Sengupta A, Lichti UF, Carlson BA, Ryscavage AO, Gladyshev VN, Yuspa SH, Hatfield DL. PLoS One. 2010 Aug 18;5(8):e12249.
- Survivin gene silencing sensitizes prostate cancer cells to selenium growth inhibition. Liu X, Gao R, Dong Y, Gao L, Zhao Y, Zhao L, Zhao X, Zhang H. BMC Cancer. 2010 Aug 10;10:418.
- Relation between selenium plasma levels and different prostatic pathologies. López Fontana CM, Pérez Elizalde RF, Vanrell MC, Recalde GM, Uvilla AL, López Laur JD. Actas Urol Esp. 2010 Jul;34(7):625-9.
- Micronutrients attenuate progression of prostate cancer by elevating the endogenous inhibitor of angiogenesis, platelet factor-4. Cervi D, Pak B, Venier NA, Sugar LM, Nam RK, Fleshner NE, Klotz LH, Venkateswaran V. BMC Cancer. 2010 Jun 4;10:258.
- Differential effects of nanoselenium doping on healthy and cancerous osteoblasts in coculture on titanium. Tran PA, Sarin L, Hurt RH, Webster TJ. Int J Nanomedicine. 2010 May 13;5:351-8.
- Architectural heterogeneity in tumors caused by differentiation alters intratumoral drug distribution and affects therapeutic synergy of antiangiogenic organoselenium compound. Rustum YM, Tóth K, Seshadri M, Sen A, Durrani FA, Stott E, Morrison CD, Cao S, Bhattacharya A. J Oncol. 2010;2010:396286.
- Impact on DNA methylation in cancer prevention and therapy by bioactive dietary components. Li Y, Tollefsbol TO. Curr Med Chem. 2010;17(20):2141-51.
- Lead exposure: a contributing cause of the current breast cancer epidemic in Nigerian women. Alatise OI, Schrauzer GN. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Aug;136(2):127-39. Erratum in: Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Nov;137(2):253.
- SelSA, selenium analogs of SAHA as potent histone deacetylase inhibitors. Desai D, Salli U, Vrana KE, Amin S. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010 Mar 15;20(6):2044-7.
- Selenium Inhibits Metastasis of Murine Melanoma Cells through the Induction of Cell Cycle Arrest and Cell Death. Song H, Hur I, Park HJ, Nam J, Park GB, Kong KH, Hwang YM, Kim YS, Cho DH, Lee WJ, Hur DY. Immune Netw. 2009 Dec;9(6):236-42.
- Synthesis and characterization of a novel iNOS/Akt inhibitor Se,Se'-1,4-phenylenebis(1,2-ethanediyl)bisisoselenourea (PBISe)--against colon cancer. Desai D, Madhunapantula SV, Gowdahalli K, Sharma A, Chandagaludoreswamy R, El-Bayoumy K, Robertson GP, Amin S. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2010 Mar 15;20(6):2038-43.
- Selenium enrichment of broccoli sprout extract increases chemosensitivity and apoptosis of LNCaP prostate cancer cells. Abdulah R, Faried A, Kobayashi K, Yamazaki C, Suradji EW, Ito K, Suzuki K, Murakami M, Kuwano H, Koyama H. BMC Cancer. 2009 Nov 30;9:414.
- Transcriptional regulation and biological functions of selenium-binding protein 1 in colorectal cancer in vitro and in nude mouse xenografts. Pohl NM, Tong C, Fang W, Bi X, Li T, Yang W. PLoS One. 2009 Nov 16;4(11):e7774.
- Selenoproteins regulate macrophage invasiveness and extracellular matrix-related gene expression. Carlson BA, Yoo MH, Sano Y, Sengupta A, Kim JY, Irons R, Gladyshev VN, Hatfield DL, Park JM. BMC Immunol. 2009 Oct 28;10:57.
- Rosiglitazone prevents the progression of preinvasive lung cancer in a murine model. Lyon CM, Klinge DM, Do KC, Grimes MJ, Thomas CL, Damiani LA, March TH, Stidley CA, Belinsky SA. Carcinogenesis. 2009 Dec;30(12):2095-9.
- Selenium supplementation reduced oxidative DNA damage in adnexectomized BRCA1 mutations carriers. Dziaman T, Huzarski T, Gackowski D, Rozalski R, Siomek A, Szpila A, Guz J, Lubinski J, Wasowicz W, Roszkowski K, Olinski R. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009 Nov;18(11):2923-8.
- Molecular consequences of genetic variations in the glutathione peroxidase 1 selenoenzyme. Zhuo P, Goldberg M, Herman L, Lee BS, Wang H, Brown RL, Foster CB, Peters U, Diamond AM. Cancer Res. 2009 Oct 15;69(20):8183-90.
- Thioredoxin reductase 1 ablation sensitizes colon cancer cells to methylseleninate-mediated cytotoxicity. Honeggar M, Beck R, Moos PJ. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2009 Dec 15;241(3):348-55.
- Selenium modifies the osteoblast inflammatory stress response to bone metastatic breast cancer. Chen YC, Sosnoski DM, Gandhi UH, Novinger LJ, Prabhu KS, Mastro AM. Carcinogenesis. 2009 Nov;30(11):1941-8.
- Reduced serum selenoprotein P concentrations in German prostate cancer patients. Meyer HA, Hollenbach B, Stephan C, Endermann T, Morgenthaler NG, Cammann H, Köhrle J, Jung K, Schomburg L. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009 Sep;18(9):2386-90.
- Antioxidant supplementation and risk of incident melanomas: results of a large prospective cohort study. Asgari MM, Maruti SS, Kushi LH, White E. Arch Dermatol. 2009 Aug;145(8):879-82.
- Second Cell Death Network symposium: the vital cell death. Panaretakis T, Hjortsberg L, Lambert JM, Joseph B. Cell Death Differ. 2009 Sep;16(9):1300-2.
- Regulation and function of selenoproteins in human disease. Bellinger FP, Raman AV, Reeves MA, Berry MJ. Biochem J. 2009 Jul 29;422(1):11-22.
- Methylselenol, a selenium metabolite, induces cell cycle arrest in G1 phase and apoptosis via the extracellular-regulated kinase 1/2 pathway and other cancer signaling genes. Zeng H, Wu M, Botnen JH. J Nutr. 2009 Sep;139(9):1613-8.
- Metallomics study using hair mineral analysis and multiple logistic regression analysis: relationship between cancer and minerals. Yasuda H, Yoshida K, Segawa M, Tokuda R, Tsutsui T, Yasuda Y, Magara S. Environ Health Prev Med. 2009 Sep;14(5):261-6.
- Association of plasma micronutrient levels and urinary isoprostane with risk of lung cancer: the multiethnic cohort study. Epplein M, Franke AA, Cooney RV, Morris JS, Wilkens LR, Goodman MT, Murphy SP, Henderson BE, Kolonel LN, Le Marchand L. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009 Jul;18(7):1962-70.
- Phytochemicals that counteract the cardiotoxic side effects of cancer chemotherapy. Piasek A, Bartoszek A, Namieśnik J. Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online). 2009 Apr 17;63:142-58.
- Protein expression analysis of inflammation-related colon carcinogenesis. Yasui Y, Tanaka T. J Carcinog. 2009;8:10.
- Cancer prevention: from 1727 to milestones of the past 100 years. Lippman SM, Hawk ET. Cancer Res. 2009 Jul 1;69(13):5269-84.
- Total and cancer mortality after supplementation with vitamins and minerals: follow-up of the Linxian General Population Nutrition Intervention Trial. Qiao YL, Dawsey SM, Kamangar F, Fan JH, Abnet CC, Sun XD, Johnson LL, Gail MH, Dong ZW, Yu B, Mark SD, Taylor PR. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009 Apr 1;101(7):507-18. Erratum in: J Natl Cancer Inst. 2010 Jan 20;102(2):140.
- Dietary factors and cancer chemoprevention: an overview of obesity-related malignancies. Murthy NS, Mukherjee S, Ray G, Ray A. J Postgrad Med. 2009 Jan-Mar;55(1):45-54.
- Selenium and risk of bladder cancer: a population-based case-control study. Wallace K, Kelsey KT, Schned A, Morris JS, Andrew AS, Karagas MR. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009 Jan;2(1):70-3.
- Effect of selenium and zinc on the proliferation of human esophageal cancer Eca109 cell line in vitro. Xiao HJ, Huang CY, Wang HY, Li M. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2008 Dec;28(12):2117-20.
- Factors associated with serum retinol, alpha-tocopherol, carotenoids, and selenium in Hispanics with problems of HIV, chronic hepatitis C, and drug use. Forrester JE, Wang XD, Knox TA, Borek CG, Tang AM, Johnson EJ. J Public Health Policy. 2009 Sep;30(3):285-99.
- Effect of selenium supplements on hemoglobin concentration and morbidity among HIV-1-infected Tanzanian women. Kupka R, Mugusi F, Aboud S, Hertzmark E, Spiegelman D, Fawzi WW. Clin Infect Dis. 2009 May 15;48(10):1475-8.
- Nutritional status and serum zinc and selenium levels in Iranian HIV infected individuals. Khalili H, Soudbakhsh A, Hajiabdolbaghi M, Dashti-Khavidaki S, Poorzare A, Saeedi AA, Sharififar R. BMC Infect Dis. 2008 Dec 9;8:165.
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of selenium supplements among HIV-infected pregnant women in Tanzania: effects on maternal and child outcomes. Kupka R, Mugusi F, Aboud S, Msamanga GI, Finkelstein JL, Spiegelman D, Fawzi WW. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008 Jun;87(6):1802-8.
- A trial of the effect of micronutrient supplementation on treatment outcome, T cell counts, morbidity, and mortality in adults with pulmonary tuberculosis. Villamor E, Mugusi F, Urassa W, Bosch RJ, Saathoff E, Matsumoto K, Meydani SN, Fawzi WW. J Infect Dis. 2008 Jun 1;197(11):1499-505.
- Suppression of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 viral load with selenium supplementation: a randomized controlled trial. Hurwitz BE, Klaus JR, Llabre MM, Gonzalez A, Lawrence PJ, Maher KJ, Greeson JM, Baum MK, Shor-Posner G, Skyler JS, Schneiderman N. Arch Intern Med. 2007 Jan 22;167(2):148-54.
- Low serum albumin and the acute phase response predict low serum selenium in HIV-1 infected women. Drain PK, Baeten JM, Overbaugh J, Wener MH, Bankson DD, Lavreys L, Mandaliya K, Ndinya-Achola JO, McClelland RS. BMC Infect Dis. 2006 May 19;6:85.
- Micronutrient malnutrition and wasting in adults with pulmonary tuberculosis with and without HIV co-infection in Malawi. van Lettow M, Harries AD, Kumwenda JJ, Zijlstra EE, Clark TD, Taha TE, Semba RD. BMC Infect Dis. 2004 Dec 21;4(1):61.
- Selenium status is associated with accelerated HIV disease progression among HIV-1-infected pregnant women in Tanzania. Kupka R, Msamanga GI, Spiegelman D, Morris S, Mugusi F, Hunter DJ, Fawzi WW. J Nutr. 2004 Oct;134(10):2556-60.
- Impact of a selenium chemoprevention clinical trial on hospital admissions of HIV-infected participants. Burbano X, Miguez-Burbano MJ, McCollister K, Zhang G, Rodriguez A, Ruiz P, Lecusay R, Shor-Posner G. HIV Clin Trials. 2002 Nov-Dec;3(6):483-91.
- Nutrients and HIV: part one -- beta carotene and selenium. Patrick L. Altern Med Rev. 1999 Dec;4(6):403-13.
- Dilated cardiomyopathy in HIV-infected patients. Chariot P, Perchet H, Monnet I. N Engl J Med. 1999 Mar 4;340(9):732; author reply 733-5.
- Levels of major selenoproteins in T cells decrease during HIV infection and low molecular mass selenium compounds increase. Gladyshev VN, Stadtman TC, Hatfield DL, Jeang KT. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999 Feb 2;96(3):835-9.
- The enzymatic antioxidant system in blood and glutathione status in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients: effects of supplementation with selenium or beta-carotene. Delmas-Beauvieux MC, Peuchant E, Couchouron A, Constans J, Sergeant C, Simonoff M, Pellegrin JL, Leng B, Conri C, Clerc M. Am J Clin Nutr. 1996 Jul;64(1):101-7. Erratum in: Am J Clin Nutr 1996 Dec;64(6):971.
- Role of selenium in HIV infection. Stone CA, Kawai K, Kupka R, Fawzi WW. Nutr Rev. 2010 Nov;68(11):671-81.
- The influence of selenium on immune responses. Hoffmann PR, Berry MJ. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008 Nov;52(11):1273-80.
- Mechanisms of nutrient modulation of the immune response. Cunningham-Rundles S, McNeeley DF, Moon A. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Jun;115(6):1119-28; quiz 1129.
- Micronutrients and HIV disease: a review pre- and post-HAART. Lanzillotti JS, Tang AM. Nutr Clin Care. 2005 Jan-Mar;8(1):16-23.
- The facts and controversies about selenium. Dodig S, Cepelak I. Acta Pharm. 2004 Dec;54(4):261-76.
- Oxidative stress in viral hepatitis and AIDS. Stehbens WE. Exp Mol Pathol. 2004 Oct;77(2):121-32.
- Modulatory effects of selenium and zinc on the immune system. Ferencík M, Ebringer L. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 2003;48(3):417-26.
- Skeletal muscle disorders associated with selenium deficiency in humans. Chariot P, Bignani O. Muscle Nerve. 2003 Jun;27(6):662-8.
- The argument for increasing selenium intake. Rayman MP, Rayman MP. Proc Nutr Soc. 2002 May;61(2):203-15.
- The importance of selenium to human health. Rayman MP. Lancet. 2000 Jul 15;356(9225):233-41.
- Free radicals and HIV infection. Rabaud C, Tronel H, Fremont S, May T, Canton P, Nicolas JP. Ann Biol Clin (Paris). 1997 Nov-Dec;55(6):565-71.
- The diverse role of selenium within selenoproteins: a Holben DH, Smith AM. J Am Diet Assoc. 1999 Jul;99(7):836-43.
- Selenium, a key element in spermatogenesis and male fertility. Boitani C, Puglisi R. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2008;636:65-73.
- Gpx5 protects the family jewels. Aitken RJ. J Clin Invest. 2009 Jul;119(7):1849-51.
- Mitochondrial glutathione peroxidase 4 disruption causes male infertility. Schneider M, Förster H, Boersma A, Seiler A, Wehnes H, Sinowatz F, Neumüller C, Deutsch MJ, Walch A, Hrabé de Angelis M, Wurst W, Ursini F, Roveri A, Maleszewski M, Maiorino M, Conrad M. FASEB J. 2009 Sep;23(9):3233-42.
- Selenium supplementation does not affect testicular selenium status or semen quality in North American men. Hawkes WC, Alkan Z, Wong K. J Androl. 2009 Sep-Oct;30(5):525-33.
- Zinc, copper and selenium in reproduction. Bedwal RS, Bahuguna A. Experientia. 1994 Jul 15;50(7):626-40.
- Thyroid disorders during pregnancy. Gärtner R. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2009 Jan;134(3):83-6.
- Role of red cell selenium in recurrent pregnancy loss. Kumar KS, Kumar A, Prakash S, Swamy K, Jagadeesan V, Jyothy A. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2002 Mar;22(2):181-3.
- Organoselenium compounds as potential therapeutic and chemopreventive agents: a Soriano-Garcia M. Curr Med Chem. 2004 Jun;11(12):1657-69.
- Blood selenium and glutathione peroxidases in miscarriage. Zachara BA, Dobrzyński W, Trafikowska U, Szymański W. BJOG. 2001 Mar;108(3):244-7
- The concentration of selenium in the maternal serum in cases of missed abortion. Marinov B, Tsachev K, Koleva V. Akush Ginekol (Sofiia). 1998;37(1):15-6.
- Selenium deficiency and miscarriage: a possible link? Barrington JW, Lindsay P, James D, Smith S, Roberts A. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1996 Feb;103(2):130-2.
- Red cell magnesium and glutathione peroxidase in infertile women--effects of oral supplementation with magnesium and selenium. Howard JM, Davies S, Hunnisett A. Magnes Res. 1994 Mar;7(1):49-57.
- Semen selenium and human fertility. Bleau G, Lemarbre J, Faucher G, Roberts KD, Chapdelaine A. Fertil Steril. 1984 Dec;42(6):890-4.
- Glucooxidative stress and spontaneous abortion in pregnant women with diabetes mellitus type 1. Todorova K, Ivanov S, Mazneĭkova V, Genova M. Akush Ginekol (Sofiia). 2005;44(4):3-10.
- Selenoproteins and the aging brain. Zhang S, Rocourt C, Cheng WH. Mech Ageing Dev. 2010 Apr;131(4):253-60.
- Ageing and eating. Rockenfeller P, Madeo F. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010 Apr;1803(4):499-506.
- Zinc, metallothioneins and longevity: interrelationships with niacin and selenium. Mocchegiani E, Malavolta M, Muti E, Costarelli L, Cipriano C, Piacenza F, Tesei S, Giacconi R, Lattanzio F. Curr Pharm Des. 2008;14(26):2719-32.
- Selenoproteins and protection against oxidative stress: selenoprotein N as a novel player at the crossroads of redox signaling and calcium homeostasis. Arbogast S, Ferreiro A. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010 Apr 1;12(7):893-904.
- Selenium in intravenous nutrition. Shenkin A. Gastroenterology. 2009 Nov;137(5 Suppl):S61-9.
- Nutritional supplements for older adults: review and recommendations-part I. Buhr G, Bales CW. J Nutr Elder. 2009 Jan-Mar;28(1):5-29.
- Nutrition and gastric cancer risk: an update. Liu C, Russell RM. Nutr Rev. 2008 May;66(5):237-49.
- The role of selenium in chronic disease. Boosalis MG. Nutr Clin Pract. 2008 Apr-May;23(2):152-60.
- Immunosenescence and the lung. Duchateau J. Rev Mal Respir. 2004 Nov;21(5 Pt 3):8S81-7.
- Organoselenium compounds as potential therapeutic and chemopreventive agents: a Soriano-Garcia M. Curr Med Chem. 2004 Jun;11(12):1657-69.
- Selenium intake, mood and other aspects of psychological functioning. Benton D. Nutr Neurosci. 2002 Dec;5(6):363-74.
- Oxidative stress and cognitive impairment in the elderly. Berr C. J Nutr Health Aging. 2002;6(4):261-6.
- Nutritional strategies to boost immunity and prevent infection in elderly individuals. High KP. Clin Infect Dis. 2001 Dec 1;33(11):1892-900.
- Nutrition and age-related macular degeneration. Lecerf JM, Desmettre T. J Fr Ophtalmol. 2010 Dec;33(10):749-757.
- Supplemental Selenium Alleviates the Toxic Effects of Excessive Iodine on Thyroid. Xu J, Liu XL, Yang XF, Guo HL, Zhao LN, Sun XF. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Jun 2.
- Selenium and thyroid. Köhrle J, Gärtner R. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009 Dec;23(6):815-27.
- Role of iodine, selenium and other micronutrients in thyroid function and disorders. Triggiani V, Tafaro E, Giagulli VA, Sabbà C, Resta F, Licchelli B, Guastamacchia E. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2009 Sep;9(3):277-94.
- On the importance of selenium and iodine metabolism for thyroid hormone biosynthesis and human health. Schomburg L, Köhrle J. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008 Nov;52(11):1235-46.
- Healing cream
- To assist in wound healing while soothing skin complaints – such as eczema and psoriasis, acne and piles and moisturizing and protecting the skin. This product has shown its effectiveness over a wide range of problems and judging from sales over more than a decade – it is the trusted healing cream to help with all mishaps, allergic reactions, irritated, burning, itchy and uncomfortable skin conditions.
- Face wash
- This face wash will properly clean your face and remove all impurities and environmental pollutants, without drying the skin. It contains eight herbal extracts to help promote a clear, vital and healthy complexion and a younger looking skin.
- Moisturizing day cream
- This day cream is formulated to help fight the signs of aging on various fronts. It helps to reduce free radical damage which, if left unchecked, leads to premature aging. The herbal extracts help to promote cell rejuvenation and regeneration and provide moisture and hydration to the skin.
- Nourishing night cream
- This nourishing night cream penetrates the skin extremely well and does not make the skin feel oily. It contains a host of herbal extracts to help in the fight against premature aging and has added vitamin E as well. Apart from the moisturizing effect and the anti-aging properties it also softens and smoothes the skin.
- Eye gel
- An effective refreshing eye gel to help reduce puffiness and dark rings around the eyes, while fighting wrinkles and lines. This is a very clever combination of herbal extracts and the base formula has its roots in a clinically proven formula.
- Mud face mask
- With this skin treatment product we combined a special selection of herbs in a base of thermal mud with oligoelements. This recommended weekly treatment will boost circulation to the skin, help to fight wrinkles and lines, improve firmness while at the same time improving suppleness and elasticity of the skin.
- Shampoo with rosemary extract + 7 other herbals
- Our shampoo is in a class of its own – and granted – it is far more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos, but no other shampoo has the active ingredients we have in our shampoo. The rosemary will boost the health of the hair and scalp, while the other seven herbal extracts will help strengthen the hair and make it shine, increase the volume and make it manageable.
- Rosemary hair treatment conditioner
- We have found that this hair conditioner should really be used as a conditioning treatment. This then removes the need to condition the hair every time you wash – and can be used once a month. It is a superb hair tonic and helps in the control of sebum secretion of the scalp. Although not formulated for dandruff – the ingredients will assist with this as well, while supporting the health of the scalp.
- Hand and body lotion
- When formulating this hand and body lotion we created a rich nourishing, protecting and reviving lotion, which will not leave the skin oily or tacky, but will create a well moisturized, hydrated and supple skin. After applying this lotion it will quickly be absorbed by the skin, leaving it silky soft, smooth and well moisturized.
- Stretch mark gel
- Although nothing can remove already formed stretch marks (only surgery can do that) – thousands of satisfied clients confirm that this gel improves the appearance of old stretch marks. The gel will help in PREVENTING stretch marks (a 92% success rate) and is used with great success by expectant mothers and body builders who may form marks when bulking-up. The formula of this gel is based on clinical studies done in France, to which we added other herbal extracts.
- Cellulite gel
- Fighting cellulite is easy with this herbal cellulite gel. It contains a patented extract of Bayberry (Myriceline) and nine other plant extracts and essential oils. The gel will help to get rid of cellulite (which has been clinically proven) and will also help to prevent cellulite from forming. So now it is easy to get your soft body contours back again.
- Apple cider vinegar (liquid) with Centella asiatica
- The health benefits of apple cider vinegar are combined with the therapeutic properties of Centella asiatica. This old folk remedy is still used with great effect by thousands of people daily.
- Digest capsules
- If your digestive system is under-par and you struggle with constipation or you simply need to boost the health of your digestive system then this capsule is for you. Fenugreek is a general digestive tonic and psyllium is a magical bulking agent that will help proper bowel movements, without using a laxative.
- Detox capsules
- Our modern day lifestyle exposes us to many unwanted additive and our diet also places stress on the body. To help the body get rid of toxins and waste materials naturally we combined fennel, basil, celery and parsley to help the body remove these toxins. It peps-up your metabolism and helps the bladder, kidneys and liver to do their work more effectively.
- Urinary and bladder health capsules
- Using an all natural approach, our capsules will help the discomfort and burning urine sensation of urinary tract infection and help clear up foul smelling urine. We combined cranberry, dandelion, uva ursi and vitamin C in a single capsule to effectively fight bladder infections and to stop the burning sensation when urinating.
- Tri- Mushroom blend capsules
- If you need an immune system boost then have a look at our combination of maitake, reishi and shiitake mushrooms. These mushrooms have showed to be a great help in boosting the immune system – and form a good nutritional supplement support for HIV/Aids patients and people receiving chemotherapy. Any person with even a slightly compromised immune system may benefit from this supplement.
- Olive leaf extract capsules
- This natural detoxifier helps with a variety of ailments and people with chronic fatigue syndrome, infections, glandular fever (Epstein Barr), and even candida and herpes have found it of value. Olive leaf extract helps to fight bacteria, viruses, retroviruses, and protozoa and yeast strains. Apart from fighting all of these problems it also helps to improve kidney function and fights free radicals.
- Sexual supplement (previously known as Vuka Nkuzi)
- Men normally don’t admit when they have a declining libido although it is a most common problem. We combine in this supplement seven different natural ingredients to boost sexual health – without any side effects often experienced with such medication. After more than a decade, and thousands of regular Vuka Nkuzi clients we still offer this well priced supplement to boost the libido.
- Jojoba oil
- This liquid golden ester not only moisturizes and penetrates the skin but also helps to fight wrinkles and lines while promoting a clear and unblemished skin. Jojoba does not clog the pores but helps to restore skin elasticity and smoothness. It will leave the skin supple and velvety soft without any oiliness and can be used neat on the skin.
- Almond oil
- This light and deeply moisturizing oil has a softening effect on the skin and can be used on the face and body. Almond oil has excellent emollient properties and helps to balance water and moisture loss in the skin. It can be used neat on the skin and also makes an excellent massage base.